Chapter 10: Past, Present, Future: Phone Guy's Fate

11:35 PM

Two more nights. Only two more nights until retirement. As Gerald walked up to the front doors, memories of his years at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria came back to him. He had joined the original company of Fredbear's Family Diner briefly in the winter of 1983; November 19th, to be exact. For six months, he helped patrol the newly-opened Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria until it's opening. It was him and three other guards: Petra Clarks, someone who went by the later-revealed-fake name of Fritz Smith, and Jeremy Fitzgerald. One of them dead, another disappeared after the killings, and the third…

Overall, Gerald had to admit that he was thankful that he had not been at the pizzeria the day the bite had happened; according to the Police, no one had spoken up about witnessing the bite and there had been no recording of it happening. All that was left behind for the investigation was the victim—whose skull had been caved in by the bite—and the animatronic responsible. Apart from that, there was so much blood that even the hardiest detectives that had arrived had been shocked by the brutality of the attack.

Unsurprisingly, it was still talked about.

As he glanced towards the pizzeria, he reflected on his own problems for once; with how much trouble he had gone through to get his pension, he knew for a fact that there was still a good chance that he would not obtain it in the end. Whilst he had managed to survive for three weeks beforehand, that week had been the more difficult out of the two. This was further given evidence to by the fact that the animatronics had been more aggressive. With that in mind, Gerald knew that the next two nights were going to be long.

With it being Night Four, his penultimate night at Freddy's was not looking like the biggest challenge he had to go through; once he had completed his final week, he would be looking to find a good house in the countryside. Marriage had never been to be in his life, since being a Night Watchman for a business that had one of the most infamous backstory behind it in all of American history was not the type of job that would factor him finding someone. Him being from a generation that wasn't known for being the most accepting didn't help.

Even so, he would still find a good life wherever he went after retirement; he could imagine the village he would live in, with a river flowing through it from a nearby mountain. A library would be there, so that he could take out any books he wanted. Maybe even a bakery, with frosted-white cakes on display, with smells that would make the village all the more luxurious. Chess competitions would be hosted every week. He wouldn't even attend for the chess; meeting new people was something he had always enjoyed. Surprisingly relaxed, he smiled as he entered the pizzeria.

As the shift started, Gerald decided to postpone the phone call; it would still occur when the future Night Guard started their fourth shift, so there was no worry there. He felt optimistic. Whilst Night Four was certainly not easy, it was something he had survived three times in a row and that one would be no different. Feeling a rare confidence flowing through his veins, he smiled once again at the upcoming danger. Nothing was going to go wrong that night and he would be walking away with his pension come the following week.

How wrong he was, indeed.

It wasn't even half-past twelve when Bonnie had suddenly started moving, disappearing from the stage so suddenly Gerald had to think about whether he was truly there to begin with; he first headed backstage and stayed there for about ten minutes, simply examining the endoskeleton that sat upon the table and watching the camera with his expected trademark death stare. At that point, Chica headed to the restrooms and loitered around the hallway, ignoring the camera that continued to watch her. She was there until one am, where she walked into the individual rest rooms to investigate or to explore.

Checking on Foxy, he found the fox poking his head out like usual; Gerald knew if he just kept a good eye on Foxy, everything would be fine. As long as the curtains weren't pulled back and the fox hadn't started to leave the cove, Gerald knew that he wouldn't be a problem. Thankfully, he understood how all of the threats to him worked; whilst he knew that they would still prove dangerous, he could still very well deal with them as he had.