Chapter 7

In the middle of my AP history class, my phone buzzed. I normally wouldn't look at it, but because Mr. Jacobson was ranting about the civil war... AGAIN, I had nothing better to do. Besides, it was from Shawn. It read... "Hey babe, Wanna have dinner tonight at the "Lucky Duck" Chinese restaurant in town tonight? Let me know. -Shawn<3. My heart beat out of my chest. Dinner? What idiot would say no to dinner with the boy you were in love with, especially one that I was practically dating.

Before I replied, I thought if I had any plans. Ughhhh... I had to study for the history test, but I guess a dinner break wouldn't hurt. So I replied with a sweet and short... "Sure babe<3... pick me up @ 7. I could barley focus for the rest of class. All I could think about was what I was going to wear tonight. Fancy, casual, in between those two? I was having a daydream dilemma! Next thing I knew... Mr. Jacobson had called on me. My heart sunk. All the kids laughed at me. He then replied with a fresh tone ... "If you weren't day dreaming you would have been able to answer correctly." I felt like getting up and leaving but I knew I couldn't.

The bell rang and I dashed out of the classroom. Before going home I left campus to go to a boutique in town to buy myself something cute. I bought a flower printed skater skirt, a black shirt, and I had straightened my hair. I went home, got dressed and threw on my white hightop converse and a short black cardigan. My phone buzzed. It was a text from Shawn... "I'm here!" I jolted out of the door. Before I reached Shawn, I fixed my skirt and played with my straight hair. He was holding a bouquet of roses. I blushed. We entered his convertible and headed onto the road. While driving, I looked throught the rear view mirror and saw a blue pickup truck behind us. 10 minuets later, the same truck was following us. We finally pulled over and so did the truck. Next thing I knew... Shawn was on the floor.