Stefan Salvatore

Stefan Salvatore was a 171 year old cured vampire and has a doppelganger of Silas. Stefan was raised in a supernatural town of Mystic falls. Stefan was the youngest child of Giuseppe Salvatore and Lillian Salvatore. He had an older brother called Damon Salvatore, who is a cured vampire and they both had a relationship with Katherine Pierce when they were still human. 

In the years of his transition , a friend Lexi Branson helped Stefan with his bloodlust during the 1900s. Due to Damon unhealthy influence, Stefan was known as the Ripper of Monterey due to his inability to control his blood thirst.  There was a time when Stefan was in love with an Original called Rebekah Mikaelson, and shared a close friendship with her brother Niklaus. 

After many years, Stefan decided to return to Mystic Falls to visit Zach. Stefan saw Elena Gilbert when rescuing her when her parents drove off Wickery Bridge.   Stefan determined that Elena is not Katherine.  He became a transfer student at Mystic Falls High school to get to know Elena. They were drawn to each other, having a relationship but there were various of obstacles in the way. Stefan became distant when Elena turned into a vampire.  He discovered that Elena loved Damon because of the sire bond.  He brought them on a journey to Nova Scotia with Elena, Shane, Damon, Bonnie, Jeremy, and Rebekah to get the cure and break the sire bond. 

Later on , Stefan gets heartbroken when the sire bond is broken and Elena still picks Damon over him.  Stefan decided to leave town and to start over, but Stefan ends up being confronted by Silas and locking him in a safe underwater. 

Stefan losses his memory due to Tessa chance to incapacity Silas , he slowly finds closure with Katherine  to overcome his demons.  Stefan blood was used for a spell to resurrect the traveler leader Markos.  Stefan was unexpectedly killed by Julian a traveler warlock., but got brought back to life. When Damon fails to return, he is devastated at the loss of his brother. After that Stefan moved away from Mystic Falls and ended up coming back because of what been happening.  

Stefan worked for Cade ,the Devil . To keep him and Damon out of hell. He flipped his switch became a ripper again, and tried to kill Elena in her coffin and Stefan manages to rip out Enzo heart . He attacks bonnie before going to kill Elena . Stefan gets injected with the cure by Bonnie Bennett . Stefan faints from being cured of his vampirism.