Chapter One- Six Months Later

- Six Months later after meeting with The Volturi in Volterra, Italy- 

Cera felt herself flying through the air before the ground met her. She grunted in a sharp pain which made a sharp hiss leave her lips. A chuckle left Jasper Hale as he simply crossed his arms from the side lines while Emmett grinned smugly in her direction. "You'll have to move faster than that, Kiddo." 

  A grumble left Cera as she pushed herself up to her feet. "You could at least be a little fair.." She looked at Emmett who, being the usual goof off of the bunch, turned very serious. Although it was Jasper who was the one to speak. 

  "Fair? Cera, do you think The Volturi, or any other vampire who sees you or your family as useful would be 'fair'?" His tone was as serious as Emmett's expression which caused Cera to fall silent and go into deep thought.

  The last six months had held much emotional recovery for her from what had happened during her seventeeth birthday. She was summoned by Aro Volturi himself to come before them, to which she and her Mother had done without so much a shout of defiance. But where did that get her? 

  Being forced to use her power in front of a roomful of Aro's witnesses for them to decide if she was too dangerous to live or to be forced to stay with The Volturi. But... to her great surprise, Aro simply told her she could leave but that they of course, would be watching. Of course, it was far more complicated than that but who wished to rethink those kind of details? 

  She sighed to herself. Edward had told her Aro's secret the moment she returned when no one could hear them. That Aro killed his own sister, Didyme, who was married to Marcus, so she could not take Marcus from The Volturi. It sickened Cera that he could kill his own sister for power, it made her wonder what else he could possibly do for anything that was in his way of said power.

  She looked between Jasper and Emmett who were watching her in silence as she finally nodded to them. "I know... I'm sorry. Let's try again." She moved back into position, hands in fists at her sides while she stood straight. After a month of her return, Serena had met Alistair Van Damme, a vampire who made it a habit to visit Carlisle Cullen and in turn, met Serena. 

  The two had grown close over the past few months, making Cera happy that her Mother could find someone to move on with since her Father, Brady Fuller. For Cera being a wolf hybrid, she held parts of vampire, human, and of course some things of the wolf. She couldn't phase, but she couldn't have venom in her system either. Venom would go through her system, causing her to become greatly ill and feel burning as it would work throughout her body, effecting her just as long as it would effect a human. 

  Cera had chosen to learn how to defend herself and to fight by the two Cullens that were the best at it. Jasper, because of his military background as a human and his work in the vampire armies led by Maria, and Emmett because well... he was a big guy who often was referred to as a teady bear by his wife, Rosalie. 

  She wanted to know how to physically defend herself without having to use her power, which others would call a gift. But Cera of course, denied this fact. Her power, might you ask? A banshee scream. It could harm anyone from human to vampire, wolf to hybrid, it didn't matter. Although Serena had been making her 'practice' with it so she may see what her limits were. Although so far, her scream could be heard for more than a mile making practicing hard when she had to travel out of hearing range of anyone with sensitive hearing. 

  Within her thinking, she did not notice how Emmett had charged to her and so once she noticed this, she quickly dodged out of his way at the last possible second. A single clap was heard from Jasper as he commented to her, "Very good... but..."