three; real life

A DAY LATER, having figured out exactly what to say, Sebastian and Caterina attended a dinner with the Infinity War cast. They had all developed a fondness for the woman, impressed with both her accomplishments and willingness to be so close to Sebastian despite their differing career paths and the know-it-all media. The moment the now couple stepped into the room, Elizabeth Olsen dashed up to them, engulfing Caterina in a hug.

"Oh, Cat, thank goodness you're here! Us girls have been dying in the company of- what's that?" Elizabeth's eyebrows furrowed as she pulled away and took the woman's hands, more than confused. That ring had not been there before they left for Las Vegas.

"Um, surprise?" Caterina smiled, stepping back from her friend to lace her fingers with Sebastian's. Elizabeth looked from their hands to her friends in shock, taking it in before a large smile formed on her face.

"You got married? Oh man, I called it! I knew you two liked each other! I called it!" her exclamation caused the others, who were crowded around Chris Pratt and whatever he was doing at that moment, to look over at the three.

"Wait, what?" Chris Evans asked, raising an eyebrow at the trio. His eyes automatically dropped to his friends' intertwined hands, and he grinned, simultaneously trying to keep Mackie from looking over at them. He knew once Mackie got started, it would never end.

"We got married," Sebastian said, his voice so casual behind his smile that Caterina found herself a bit shocked at how easily it fell from his lips.

"You're kidding." Robert raised an eyebrow at the two, unamused. "You have spent every moment that we've known each other denying that you'd ever date each other, and here you are, married?"

"Is it that hard to believe? We just realized that we're perfect for each other, and why not jump the gun?" The lie fell out of Caterina's mouth so easily that she almost believed herself.

"Because you're the most careful person I know, Cat," he replied in amusement, "and you wouldn't do that."

"But I did, Rob, I did. Simmer down." she chuckled, shaking her head as Sebastian squeezed her hand in reassurance.

"Okay, instead of interrogating them, can we please celebrate the fact that they're married and can now legally adopt me?" Tom Holland asked, stepping out of the group of them.

"That's my kid," Cat replied, grinning as she looked at him.

"I thought I told you no Tom," Sebastian stated, raising an eyebrow at her as he looked down at her. She rolled her eyes, glaring up at him.

"And I thought I told you yes Tom. He's our kid now, deal."

Suddenly, a screech could be heard, leading to everyone in the room wincing just slightly. Mackie had just come out of the bathroom, connecting the dots himself when he saw the rings on their fingers.

"Hey, Anthony." Caterina waved at him, grinning crookedly. "You can breathe now."

"I love you guys so much," he replied, hugging the two of them tightly. Sebastian rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"Please get off me so we can eat." he jokingly pushed Anthony, making the other man look at Cat in disbelief.

"You're just gonna let him do that?"

"Listen, I may have married the man, but I don't control him. Love you, though."

Throughout the night, the group bantered and laughed, their sass probably too much for one room. But eventually, the excitement died down, and the group began to disperse. Caterina sat with Elizabeth, Scarlett, and Paul, the group talking about various things through the night. Their current topic was the new Spiderman movie that would come after Infinity War, all of them making predictions they knew would be false.