The Dark Days

A mother was walking with her child, everything was peaceful and quiet. The child danced happily along the paved floor, laughing and smiling. When everything was perfect, a man came up to them groaning and covered in blood. The woman was shocked "Sir are you okay". He continued to groan and step closer to the woman, she looked at her daughter "Run, run as fast as you can" She did, but as she began to run the man tackled her mother biting her in the neck. She kept running but once out of breath she turned towards her mother only to be scarred by the sight of the man tearing out her throat. On her last breath the mom mouthed "Run, Bella run!"

The alarm rang and Bella was awake, though she hit her head on her car roof. She had been asleep for a while now and did not realize her surroundings. There was a group of corpses walking on her right, there was no way of leaving with out alarming them. Bella snuck around the back of the car, grabbed her knives from her holsters and threw them at their heads. One hit spot on but the other missed and hit the broken stop sign behind them. Slowly Bella started to regret this, one of the zombies slowly turned his head and faced her. The others did the same and all at once they started coming towards her. She ran to her car and tried to start it up, but it kept stalling. The zombies got closer and closer to her front but unluckily for them her car came to life and she drove right into them. Crashing them out of her way and driving towards somewhere safe.

Bella was safe and when she looked around the area seemed familiar. She had been here before, she tried to remember if any of her friends were near here. Then she remembered Nathan lived here, if she could find him she might be able to find everyone else. Nathan's house was just around the corner, she parked in the front and walked towards the door. When she reached it the door creepily opened from the breeze, she walked in and saw nothing but candles and broken furniture. She saw a light that seemed to be another candle but it was a lightbulb, she could have sworn she saw a map. She walked towards it quietly still keeping her guard just in case the corpses came back to life. She got up to the map and saw names in a legend, the symbols on the map were certain peoples houses. The legend said: Dante, Roman, Steve, Joe, Bella. Bella was about to examine it further when she felt a barrel on the back of her head.

As the hammer cocked back, she heard the click along with a mans voice. "Turn around slowly, don't try anything because I am one pull from blowing your head off". She turned to see Nathan with a cut on his face, it looked really bad. Nathan started laughing quietly "Oh sorry Bella didn't recognize you". Bella thought about kicking him in the balls for the gun scare. "What happened to your face, it's a little messed up". Nathan felt around the cut "I was running from a zombie and cut my cheek while jumping through a broken window scraped across some glass". Bella thought, Well that was stupid. Nathan could tell she was laughing inside but didn't care to comment. Nathan walked towards the map "I've been scouting around these areas to find safe routes to these houses. She looked at Steve's house "This route seems to be safe". Nathan shook his head in disagreement "Except there a hoard of zombies out on the street". She thought for a minute then remembered "How about the woods behind his house". Nathan took a look at the map and headed up stairs. Bella decided to puts stay put and wait for him to come back.

When he came back he had two backpacks of supplies and some guns. They headed for the door and agreed on a car to take. When they got on the road Nathan decided to catch some much needed sleep. When he awoke Bella was munching on an apple from her bag. "What happened while I was asleep". Bella looked at him "Oh your awake, well nothing really happened I just got in a big swerve like killing spree". He sat up and looked at the hood if the car it was as he suspected, covered in blood. They reached the woods not too much later and started to walk through. Everything seemed to be fine but when they heard a gunshot they knew they had to hurry. Nathan sprinted across the dirt and was miraculously fast considering he was holding a gun. When they reached Steve's house they saw him running out the back shooting at the door. At first he looked crazy, but then the zombies started to come out. Nathan and Bella aimed at them and hailed them with bullets. Steve saw then immediately recognized them and got behind them to help.