Chapter 6

What stood upon me was pure horror. Her face was long, yet slim. Her eyes were endless black holes, just gazing into my eyes. Her skin was pale-too pale- to be human. But what scared me the most were her teeth. There weren't any there, but they were replaced by silver fangs, the whole two rows. Hell to the no. Don't tell me that was the lady who greeted me.

" Hello dear, think you would actually survive? You know they want you back!" She spat. " why run when you know it's your destiny?"

I didn't know what she was talking about. Destiny? Running? I'm just doing my job. As I was analyzing what just happened , she pounced me. She knocked me to the floor in two seconds flat. The pain was agonizing, traveling from my ankle to my butt, and up my spinal cord. It was a jolt of sudden pain. The realization then hit me. I was on my own.

While she lay on top of me, I managed to push her off. The way her bones moved were just freaky. They weren't fluent, as if someone was moving her body parts one at a time. She looked at me with such thirst in her eyes. She licked her lips and unanticipated, she clawed my face.

What were under her fingernails was my blood. My own fricking blood. She stepped back, apparently pleased with what she just did and what she did next surpised me. She licked her hand. Just like it was ice cream. I round housed kicked her with the bottom of my boot and her body thudded on the floor. She shuddered once, then twice, and I knew it was time.

I moved to my bag, opened it with haste, pulling each zipper, and pulled out my favorite weapon. It was the glider- a long metallic piece that extended into a double-sided scythe. I walked over to her and stood upon her frail body.

She steadily turned around to me and looked up.

" You'll never get away with it, you know? They want you, and they'll do whatever they have to to accomplish their goal."

I stood there and replied,

" Good, I hope they know what they're up to." And that moment I reached for her coarse hair and slit her leather skin open at her neck. Black liquid gushed out and the room's smell became putrid. Glad this isn't my room because this is one hell of a mess.

I walked over to my bag, shoved the glider in, strapped the bag around my shoulder, and walked out. Guess my job was right here. And it was complete.