D | 12.

She hated mornings.

With a burning passion she did. Frank was always a morning man before he got sick, and Jaden was following in his footsteps. A little morning ray of sunshine. She on the other hand... was another story.

She only could get up when she had plans and that was after 10am. Nothing was worth her time before that, and if you asked about work, she would argue you to the death that it was punishment to wake her before the set time.

So, when she heard her alarm clock go off like clockwork the next day, it was only right that she hit the snooze button and try to roll over.

That was, until she heard the beep of her phone, the notification causing her to roll over. Squinting one eye as she picked up the phone, looking at just what woke her up.

Cruzzi😊 is typing...
From Cruzzi😊

He was late. Hours late answering her Snapchat and to be honest, she was actually kind of annoyed.

She decided to not respond for a while, stretching her body and sitting up, before she stifled another yawn and actually dragged herself out the bed.

She frowned, thinking about the overtime 12 hour shift she signed up for and cursed at herself internally. She knew her family needed that money, especially with Frank's condition and now being retired, but that didn't mean she liked working any more.

Forcing herself to the closet, she hit the light and roamed the articles of clothing. Settling on a pair of fitted tan skinny jeans, a black tank top and her old black converses that she always wore for work.

She went to her bedroom door, prepared to close it when she heard the TV running downstairs, cocking her head to the side as she leaned against the door frame.

"Hey J, did you eat?" She called out, waiting for her younger brother to respond.

"Yes!" He replied quickly and she smiled, glad that he was starting to become independent in his own way, starting with feeding himself his own bowl of cereal.

"Okay!" She shouted back, closing her door and reaching for the T-shirt she wore to bed, pulling it over her head and getting slightly frustrated when her bonnet fell off. Luckily, she still had that silk scarf though.

She made her way to the dresser, slipping out her pajamas pants and putting on the top and bottoms, finding a pair of socks to throw on before she put her feet in the sneakers.

Once dressed, she sat down at her vanity mirror, finally pulling her scarf off her head and unleashing her curls. She brushed it down, laying her edges down and pulling it back in a bun, deciding halfway doing her hair that she wanted to actually wear a hat to match her pants today.

She looked at herself in the mirror, pleased with her hair as she grabbed her facial wash and washcloth, washing her face quickly and then applying some moisturizer. She didn't really feel like beating her face since she had done that last night for no reason, plus, she was only going to work anyway.

Once done doing that, she popped in a fresh pair of contacts and reached for her lotion and perfume, using some of both before she grabbed her small little book bag, making sure everything she needed was inside and then throwing the hat on.

Then, she grabbed her phone, turned the light off and left her bedroom. She was quiet, as Frank was still in bed- though not on his own choice, of course. She made her way to the kitchen, cleaning Jaden's mess and grabbing a glass of water, along with her father's medicine. She brought it upstairs and put it by his beside, closing and quietly making her way downstairs again.