Chapter 5

Xilan's POV

After the lesson in Chemistry, afterwards a few subjects that me and the part-time heroes attented, the bell rang, meaning that lunch has started.

I walked towards the cafeteria, just to see a ton of people walking around, ordering their lunches at the counter, eating food at some tables. Seeing this many people made nervous to the bone, back in my dimension, I used to eat alone, I mean I always eat alone, I mean come on, some group of people or "katropa" have their own business in the cafeteria, I was left to eat alone on a table for two in which I put the bag on the other chair so that many think that it was occupied.

As I walked through the cafeteria, I saw a table that is the furthest away from the crowd of people, I went there and saw only two chairs. Perfect! I sat down there and put my bag on the other side chair. I pulled out three things: A water bottle, a transparent, rectangular shaped tapper wear, and a brown paper bag. Inside the tapper wear is gelatin, not just any gelatin, but a Pinoy style gelatin. I told you before that I'm bilingual, but I also studied and tried some Filipino delicacies, it turns out, there are great, so great that some of those delicacies are actually my everyday meals. The second one, inside the brown paper bag, was one of my everyday snack. Chicken Shawarma.Yup, just perfect being alone and away from everyone else in the Lunch Hall. I took the Shawarma, before I take a bite of it, a male voice called out my name.

"Xilan !!!!!"

I turned my head and look for the one who called my name, and it landed on those three friends of mine. Penn was the one who called my name, waving at me and pointing at there table where Boone and Sashi are sitting. Sighing, wanting to be alone for a little moment, but what the hell. I grabbed my lunch and my bag and went to there table.

"Hey bro. Where were you?" Boone asked.

"J-j-ust sitting over there. Alone." I stuttered.

"Hey, don't be the kind of a loner." Penn said.

"I was loner in back in place." I shyly said.

"Really dude?" Boone asked.

"Yup. Mostly eating away from the people, staying quiet so no one will notice me." I said.

"Come on now. You are have friends now, you have us, don't be such a loner." Penn said.

"I suppose." I quietly said.

"Come on dude. Sit here." Boone said, patting the empty sit, which is just next to him.

"OK." I said. I sit down next to him and put my lunch down on the table.

Everyone set there lunch down on the table, Boone's lunchbox lit up with tiny fireworks as he opens it. He grabbed the towl inside the box, he sniffs and inhales the towel and gave a happy sigh.

"Ah. Refreshing." Boone said.

Penn and Sashi looked at each other with a wierd expression and look back at Boone, while I was unfazed by the display since I already know what episode I am in now.

"The perfectly balanced, Boone lunch." Boone said then presses a button then the box unfold showing different foods on different panels of the box.

"Milk for healthy teeth and bones. Carrots for my peepers. And fish, to make my brain smart." Boone said while holding a fork with a carrot in it.

"How does fish makes you smart?" Penn questions Boone.

"I don't know. Haven't eaten it yet." Boone said while shrugged.

"Actually, fish really is 'brainfood' and eating it can make you smarter, researchers say. Scientists discovered that eating food rich in omega-3 boosted blood flow to the brain and improved its performance during mental tasks. The findings could have implicatons for treating dementia." I answered Penn's question.