First

For: Children 9 and above (and you know, children at heart). Parental Guidance is advised.

Twelve years, twelve freaking years I left that thing on the top of my shelf to accumulate dust. The moment I bring it down to wash it up and cuddle with it, it then chose to become something other than a fluffy toy full of stuff.

I woke up to find myself face to face with a guy, a stranger, next to me in bed. Exactly the same spot where my teddy bear Theodore is supposed to be. I screamed.

"AHHHHHHH!" I yelled on top of my lungs.

"AHHHHHHH!" he yelled as well. I jumped out of bed and went straight out the door. My mom came from the corner, from her room looking groggy. Like I woke her up with my scream.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Oh nothing, don't worry. I just saw a spider." I shook my head, with a sheepish smile. She looked suspicious for a while and nodded. The moment she left, I grabbed the door knob, grabbing the baseball bat by the hall. I unlocked it and pushed it with my feet ready to lunge at the stranger.

"AHHHHHHHH - !" he trailed off. "Oh, wait we're not doing that anymore?" He grinned but then he saw the bat. He jumped out of my bed and ran to the corner. "What the hell are you doing with a deadly weapon?!"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" I yelled as I swung the bat in front of me. He shielded himself with his arms.

"I'm Theodore!" he screamed on top of his lungs. I paused for a second and contemplated. Theodore? As in my teddy bear, Theodore? I stared back at my bed, the bear's gone. I look back at the guy wearing the suit, exactly the same as my bear. I looked at his feet, barefoot. Just like my teddy bear. My eyes widened, the bat slipped from my hand, thumping on the floor and I sat on my bed staring at the boy in front of me. He looked around his arms to stare at me, he must have realized that he looked like an idiot waiting for my attack cause he dropped his arms immediately.

"You can't be Theodore." I whispered absentmindedly. "You're not made of fluff!"

"Obviously," he rolled his eyes. "But I am Theodore, look no shoes and everything cause you thought it was weird for teddy bears to have shoes." he smirked, pointing at his wiggling toes. I stared at him, still shocked. In one swift movement I grabbed the bat from the floor and swung it at him.

"YOU'RE. NOT. REAL!" I said as I hit him continuously. He ran away from me, pleading for mercy.

"You're crazy!"

"I'm not the one who's saying I'm a teddy bear! What did you do to my bear huh?!"

"I am your bear!"

"What kind of idiot would believe that?!" I screamed, and he stopped and looked like he was thinking about something.

"A lot of people actually…" he trailed off in thought. I hit him again. "Damn, woman! Put the freaking weapon down! I'm not here to hurt you!"

"What?!" I gasped, caught off guard. He snatched the bat from my grasp and I backed away from him. "You might be a rapist for all I know!"

"Trust me, if I was a rapist. I would've done that a while ago. Same with being a thief, could have stole stuff and left." Good point. "But I'm neither of those things. I'm your Protector."

"What?!" I gasped again after some time of silence. Looking like a fish, mouth opening and closing as if to say something.

"I am your teddy bear, I am sent here to protect you." he paused. "Wow, that does sound completely bonkers. No wonder why you're hitting me with a bat."

"I have left you on that shelf for twelve freaking years and you've never have turned human before!" I pointed the top shelf by the corner of my wall.

"First of all, thanks for that you left me to accumulate dust, and left me with the perfect view of the bathroom. Yeah, thanks for putting my boy needs before me."

"WHAT?!" I stared at him wide eyed, my cheeks burning.

"Second, there really isn't enough room to transform on that shelf. I would've caused a scene. Imagine having a teddy bear locked up in jail. Yeah, it's as ridiculous as it sounds."

"What?!" I finally said, clearly not understanding anything that he's saying. 

I suddenly heard my door open, and my mom came in, scrubbing her eyes.

"What is all this racket -" she trailed off when they landed on me first, then on the boy that claims to be my my teddy bear. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

"Oh hi, is this your mom? I can totally see the resemblance." he nodded with a grin on his face.

My mom was charging at him, and I panicked. "Mom! I can explain!"

"Who is this, Claire?! Is this your boyfriend?! Get away from my daughter!"

"I wish I was!" he perked up from behind me, which made my mom charge at him again. I blocked her path and motioned for him to move to the door.

"Mom! Listen to me! It's not what you think!"

"Are you two having sex?!"

"HELL NO!" I gasped, I probably looked like a tomato.

"Damn, woman. You sure are blunt." he said, cheeks flaming red.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!" she yelled. I backed away, I felt him grab my arm and he blew some sort of dust at her. "OW MY EYES!"

"Run!" he dragged me out of my room.

"What was that?! Some sort of teddy bear magic?!" I asked as we ran outside.

"No, that was just glitter!" he winked.

We stopped running, panting and crouched over our legs. I didn't realize we were at the bus stop. It wasn't til' I realized it was Monday too, and the bus is now right in front of us; waiting for us to get in. Looks like I'm going to school with my teddy bear, in my pajamas. God, I hate Mondays.