Method 3 of 5: Developing a Daily Routine

1

Wash your face twice a day with a gentle, water-soluble cleanser. Water-soluble cleansers are gentler than harsher cleansers and just as effective.

Make sure to properly moisturize after each wash. Your skin needs moisture after you strip it of oil and water. Use noncomedogenic moisturizers that won't block your pores, and look for light moisturizers (especially gels) instead of heavy ones.

3

Exfoliate at least once a week, preferably with a salicylic acid-based exfoliant.Salicylic acid is a chemical peel, which means that it will peel off the dead skin on the epidermis, revealing the layer underneath.[14]

touched, producing more redness and irritation in addition to bumping up the likelihood of scarring when the collagen under the surface is repeatedly disturbed. As hard as it is, try not to touch your face or feel your pimples. You'll end up with healthier skin and fewer pimples.

5

Keep your routine simple. After you see your doctor and get a recommended skin regimen, keep things simple. Follow prescription advice your doctor gives you, wash your face and moisturize daily, and don't fall for any clear-skin gimmicks. Getting rid of acne takes patience, but it can be done by letting your medicine and routine work its magic.