How to Get Rid of Acne Scars at Home Without Chemicals

Edited by Thepickah, Xtraalexa, Maluniu, LolaLavonda and 18 others

Acne leave after them scars that could be very depressing for a long period of time. Such prominent skin flaws are a girl's worst nightmare. But, they can be gotten rid of with a wee bit of effort and time.

1Skin Regimen: Since acne prone skin would usually be "normal to oily" in nature, have a skin regimen that contains cleansing and toning with products that match your skin type. Cleanse and tone before you go to work or school in the morning and before going to bed in the night.

2

Grated Raw Potato: Make a face mask with grated raw potato and use it twice or thrice a week. It's simple. Just rub some grate potato on the affected skin, leave it to dry and wash off. Very effective on all kinds of scars.

3

Lemon Everyday: Squeeze one whole lemon into a glass of water at room temperature, and drink it first thing in the morning. Vitamin C minimises dark spots.

4

Moisturise: Just because you have oily skin, doesn't mean you don't need to moisturise. Vitamin E is very good at lightening blemishes. Use a good moisturiser that is light and does not clog pores.

5

Lemon and Glycerin Face Mask: Make a face mask with one part freshly squeezed lemon juice and two parts glycerin and use it once a week. You can notice a huge difference within a couple of weeks.

Face Wash: ALWAYS carry a pore minimising face wash with you. Keep your skin clean at all times.

7

Drinking Water: Drink 8 glasses of water in a day. Thorough hydration is good for all skin types and keeps your skin radiant.

Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Avoid soaps with harsh chemicals as acne prone skin is usually young, and very sensitive.

Vegetable Juice for Healthy Skin: Have a glass of vegetable juice with fresh lime, three times a week. Keeps your skin healthy, keeps your weight off and gives you great skin in the long run, if you make it a habit.

10

Green Tea: Drink two to three cups of green tea in a day. It eliminates toxins from your body and is also great for reducing under-eye puffiness and dull skin.