bittersweet

seokjin came home from practice one day to find yoongi shivering on the ground, flowers and blood surrounding him.

"yoongi!"

"h-help me, please" he stuttered, his hands shaking as he reached out for seokjin.

"i should have stayed with you, oh, yoongi..." seokjin ran up to the trembling boy and hugged him.

"n-no. seokjin, i-it's getting worse," yoongi picked up a pale blue flower petal. it was extremely close to white.

"can you stand?" seokjin held yoongi's chin.

"i can t-try..." he stood up, but his legs were extremely weak, and he almost collapsed into seokjin's arms.

"it's okay, it's okay, just try to step forward." his voice was surprisingly calm, to try to balance out the tramatized yoongi.

eventually, the duo got out the door, and to jimin, who was sitting on the couch.

"can you drive us?" seokjin asked.

"what?" jimin's eyes floated from yoongi's frail, shaking body, to seokjin's serious face.

"jimin, i'm not messing with your bullshit. can you drive us to the hospital?" seokjin was completely done with everything. it intimidated jimin, who promptly stood up and grabbed his keys. he had never seen his hyung this grave.

×××

once yoongi finally got into a hospital room, he almost immediately fell asleep. they gave him some blood, but his body was so physically and emotionally worked up, that he just passed out. seokjin stayed in the room with him while jimin got the rest of the group.

all jin could do was sit there, whispering loving words to the sleeping yoongi, while running his fingers through his soft hair.

"i'm guilty. you did nothing but love me, and now you are stuck in a hospital bed. i'm so sorry, yoongi," he murmured to the sleeping boy.

little did he know, yoongi was woken up by seokjin's warm fingers, and was hearing every single word.

"i think you are adorable, and if i lost you, i wouldn't know how to live. i think i would forget how to breathe without you. i love you, yoongi, i really do. you have changed me."

"and you changed me, jinnie." yoongi whispered and smiled slightly, as much as it hurt.

"yoongi! you heard that all?" seokjin put a hand to his mouth, and blushed a little.

"yeah, you woke me up," he chuckled, "goddamn, everything hurts."

"just stay still, then. i don't want to cause you any pain, darling." seokjin smiled, and continued to pet yoongi's hair.

"how have i changed you?" yoongi's voice was tiny and fragile.

seokjin sighed, looking up, "i'm a lot less shy. i used to be terrible with that. and you make me want to write lyrics. how did you change?"

"i learned how to love."

"i think i did to." seokjin stared into yoongi's dark eyes.

...

then he kissed yoongi's blood-stained lips.

"seokjin... whoa..." yoongi put a hand on his heart.

"yeah, whoa..." seokjin's face was red.

yoongi felt the grip the flower had on his ribcage and lungs loosen. as much as he wanted to scream and rejoice, he restrained himself.

"so... this is love?" seokjin asked, still blushing. yoongi hummed in agreement.