Chapter 1

Xandee (Pronounced Zan-Dee)

I jumped out of bed, woken up to the sound of glass shattering across the floor

"XANDEE!"My father yelled from the couch downstairs.

"Coming father," I replied sluggishly, being careful not to anger him anymore with my tone. He was strong, and I knew it, but what I didn't know was what he would do if he decided to punish me.

"Clean this mess up you ungrateful bitch," My father slurred through his drunkenness.

"Yes father," I answered, making sure I didn't look him in the eye. Last time I did he smacked me and kicked me in the ribs until most of them were bruised.

He wasn't always like this though. Before, when my mother was alive, he was amazing. We always went on family trips and he would spoil me rotten, as well as make sure that no hair on my body was ever harmed. He was also the Alpha of the Moon Crest pack, and was such an amazing alpha.

After my mother was taken and murdered by rouges, he was depressed for a while. He wouldn't come out of his room and never talked to anyone. Because of this our old pack suffered and the alpha duties were given to our Beta. 

I was best friends with the Beta's twins, Maggie and Max. We all shared a home along with my mother and theirs. Their mom and dad basically became my adoptive parents after my mothers accident, because my father stopped caring about me.

About a year later, my father forced me to move out with him, and we moved from out pack in New Jersey, to Washington and we became rouges. Funny how things work out like that, the things that killing my mom are what we became. After moving he stayed in his room for a while, as I went to school and scavenged for food, but years later he started abusing me and soon pulled me out of school so that no one would know.

As I finished cleaning up the glass, he demanded I made him dinner, to which I complied and once I had made it and went to serve it, I noticed he was out cold on the old, smelly, and torn up couch. I left his food on the stained coffee table and jogged up stairs.

I'm so thankful that he let me clean and cook without a problem, as he had already his me earlier and my face was extremely sore from that and still very red. I walked up the stairs as fast as I could and sat on my bed and sighed. 

I turn eighteen tomorrow which I'm very thankful for. I finally get to leave this hell hole and find my mate. I've heard whispers about Alphas around here though. It seems to me that they're either extremely nice or their brutal. There's one alpha I heard about that was worse than all. He kills anyone that trespasses without allowing them to explain why they did, and that he even killed his parents because he wanted the Alpha role sooner than they were willing to give it up.

I'll take anyone but him. I can't deal with anymore brutal violence in my life, and I'd actually like someone who loves me, not someone who could kill me without even thinking about it twice. 

The past week I've been doubting my ability to find my mate. My wolf hasn't spoken in years and I doubt she'll be coming back any time soon.

To distract myself from all of these thoughts, I stood up making sure I did slow enough so that I wouldn't hurt myself more, and went to my easel to continue my painting. I started it about a year ago, but I haven't been able to finish it because of my father. It's a painting of my mom, and I've been using a picture of her from right before she died. If my father knew I was painting this he would tear it to shreds and beat me, most likely worse than he ever has before.

I started to mix my paints and color match them to the picture so that it was perfect. As soon as I started to paint I couldn't stop and had no care about the time.