II

It's early in the morning and instead of sleeping in Lauren got up earlier than usual. She couldn't sleep at all last night, the thought of the new girl across the street keeps on coming up in her mind. She couldn't get rid of her image, her perfect ways of just being a human being.

Lauren made her way over to the kitchen to find her mom surprised at her early arrival.

"Well good morning." Lauren's mum greeted. "You're up early."

"Ugh, I know." Lauren groaned at the thought.

"Did you sleep well?" Lauren's mum asked in concern.

"Honestly, I didn't sleep at all." Lauren replied, taking a seat across her mum from the dining table. "Remember that girl across the street?"

"Yes. You got a little crush on her." Lauren's mum chuckled.

"MUM!" Lauren's eyes widen at the response she got. "I don't... I think... I mean, I guess I don't... I'm not sure really."

"It's okay sweetie, it's really adorable how my little girl is growing up and I find this cute and my job as a mother I shall embarrass you about your crushes." Lauren's mum pressed on while pinching Lauren's cheek.

"Mum seriously though. Do I?" Lauren asked taking her mum's hand off her face.

"Only you can answer that, love." Lauren's mum winked.

Lauren rolled her eyes at her mum's childish attitude. She got up from her seat and grabbed some cereal and milk and headed over to the lounge to watch some TV.

The rest of the morning dragged on longer than what Lauren had expected. Having a pretty boring start to her summer break is starting to take its toll on her mood. She doesn't know what to do or even what to plan for the rest of her summer vacation. Lauren can't help but wish that she could find something better to do with her summer rather than to sit on the sofa with the TV on, a can of soda in her hand and a bag of junk food in the other. Something better would be really helpful right now.

Just when Lauren thought the rest of the day couldn't get any more boring than what it already is, her parents along with her younger siblings decided to leave her behind and go over to a friend's house. Luckily, Normani came to the rescue. She dropped by over at Lauren's to hang out before she leaves for Texas in a couple of weeks.

"So what have you been up to Lo?" Normani asked, evidently interested in Lauren's life.

"Nothing." Lauren replied bluntly, shuffling across the sofa so she is now facing Normani.

"Yeah nice try." Normani smirked, "I've heard that there's a new girl across your house and you have been acting like a damn chicken."

"I'm not interested Mani." Lauren argued, "and I am most definitely not being a chicken."

"Sure..." Normani dragged on, "I can tell that you like her Lo, it's not like I was born yesterday."

"Trust me, if I do have feelings for her then I would've been over there right now hanging out with her." Lauren pressed on. She took a quick glance outside the window to look across the Cabello household.

"I saw that look Lo." Normani pointed and waved a hand across Lauren face to prove her point. "If you've already gathered your imaginary balls together you would be over there right now and hanging out with her, chilling..." Normani added.

"Having sex..." Normani whispered, winking at Lauren.

Lauren evidently starting to get annoyed at Normani's valid points, she decided to stop the current conversation and give out hints to Normani to go home earlier than what they planned.