Chapter Fifteen

EMILIA'S POV

"It shouldn't have taken me you getting hurt to come back," I told Gordon as I sat with him in his hospital room. It had been three weeks since Scott yelled at me and neither of us had even attempted to speak to the other.
"Don't worry about it," Gordon said, "you're here now and that's what matters."
"Not to everyone," I muttered.
"Scott will come around," Gordon assured me, "but you know what he's like."
I nodded and smiled.
"I'm sorry I blamed you for what happened to our mums," he said.
"I still blame myself sometimes," I admitted, "it's fine."
"How you feeling, Gordo?" Scott asked walking into the room. He saw me and his face darkened.
I looked at my hands in my lap.
"You know what, I think I need to go to the bathroom," Gordon said, "can someone please get me my wheelchair?"
Scott wheeled the chair towards his brother and helped him into it.
"You two talk," the younger Tracy ordered as he rolled out of the room.
Scott and I sat in silence.
"We probably should talk," Scott said as he sat on the end of his brothers bed.
"Why?" I asked defensively. "So you can yell at me some more and make me feel worse than I already do?"
"I'm sorry about that," Scott said, "I was way out of line."
I stayed silent, staring at the floor. My heart was pounding.
"You just showed up out of nowhere and my brother almost died, I wasn't in control of my mouth," Scott continued, "not that it's an excuse."
"I suppose it is, kind of." I mumbled.
"I read that story you wrote about John. It was really good."
"Thanks," I smiled. Hearing Scott compliment me was nice.
"Can we go back to being friends?" Scott asked. "Not quite how we were but, friends."
"I'd like that," I said. It wasn't until Scott hugged me that I knew I needed him. He completed me.

***

"Adios, hospital," Gordon cheered as Mr Tracy wheeled him to the car. "After four months of being confined by your walls, you will never see me again."
I chuckled as I followed behind next to Scott. While our relationship wasn't anywhere near where it used to be, we were back to being friends and it was all I could ask for. No one understood me like Scott did.
"Em, you're coming to he island for my welcome home party, right?" Gordon asked.
"You know I'd love to, but I can't get any more time of work this year," I said, "I've used up all my annual leave and sick leave."
"I can bring you back early tomorrow morning," Scott said. "It's been too long since you've been on the island."
"Oh, alright," I smiled.

I could hear the music blasting from my spot down on the beach. I had missed the view out across the Pacific. I needed to be on the island but I knew I couldn't stay. I had a job to get back to and friends.
"Old habits die hard, huh?"
"I guess so," I laughed as Scott sat down beside me.
"What are you thinking about?"
"Life," I said. "I wish I could come back to the island. I never realised how much I missed it."
"You can come back."
"I can't," I said. "I have a job to get back to, a life."
"You used to have a life here," Scott said quietly.
I sighed. "Scott, please."
"I know, I'm sorry." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. "I just haven't stopped hoping you'll move back and things might be able to go back to the way they were."
I lay my head on his shoulder.
"I'm always going to love you, Scooter," I said.
"I never thought I'd like that nickname," Scott laughed.
I looked up at him and got caught in his brilliant blue eyes. Scott leaned towards me until our lips touched. We both got lost in the moment, letting our hearts guide the way. I climbed onto Scott's lap and guided him backwards so he was lying in the sand. Things got more heated and soon we were both shirtless.
"Not here," Scott said pulling back. "Stay in my room tonight?"
I nodded. We both pulled our shirts back on. "Should we head back up?" I asked.
"Yeah," Scott replied, "they're probably wondering where we are."
Scott grabbed my hand as we stood up and headed back to the house.
All eyes were on us as we walked through the door. My dad and Mr Tracy were watching us closely. Studying our body language. I realised Scott hadn't let go of my hand after he helped me up. I dropped his hand and went over to talk to Virgil. I didn't need everyone speculating about us.

A/N: ha! Two new uploads. But, it's currently 11.30pm here in New Zealand and oh my god I'm tired. I'll try to write some more before football practise tomorrow and maybe get some writing done on the bus. Thanks for all your support when I haven't been great with my uploads. These are for you guys LOVE YA!!!