Chapter 1: The beginning

Millie's POV:
"Mom, do we have to move?" I question, begging not to leave my friends and home we grew up in. I'm being forced to leave, a week before Christmas, halfway across the world to some place called Hawkins.
"I'm sorry, sweetie, it's better for us to make money with my new job. This will be good, I promise." My mom states.
It's not fair to me. I have a ton of friends, and an amazing house. I don't want to leave. But, I guess it would be nice for a fresh start. I've always been one to like to try new things. As I finished loading my last box in the truck, I take my backpack and put it in the car. We're flying there, but I didn't pay attention to what my mom was saying about how the boxes and big furnishings would get there. I sat in the car, waiting, not a care in the world about others. I stuck my headphones in my ears and started playing my playlist I prepared the other night for big things like this, and when I need to just get away from everything. So basically, my favorite songs.
My mom gets in the car and we start driving to the airport. My dad... well my dad left when I was younger, and took my sister with him. I never knew why, my mom never told me. I don't think much of it, because I see them every few years. We arrived at the airport, and we were an hour early because my mom has always been kind of paranoid about being late places, especially flights and road trips. We found a decently close spot in the gate, and sat down. I turned on mean girls on Netflix, and eventually fell asleep.

———————
(A/N:303 words omg// First chapter! Sorry it's kinda long and sucky, it will get better! I promise. I'm writing this book just for fun, basically kinda what the stranger things fandom wants their outside-of-st life to be like, I guess. Thanks for reading! ❤️— E )