Vern Imagine 1

You sat face to face with Vern Tessio, in the warm summer, next to a babbling stream. He was smiling happily at you, and he put out his hand to you, offering you a few pieces of Pez candy.

"What flavor?" You asked him before accepting the candy.

"Cherry. Always" he replied with a smile on his round face.

"Is that your favorite?" You asked him, smiling back.

"Of course," he responded, "it's cherry or nothing!"

You took the candy from Vern's hand, grinning. You really did like him. He was a genuine person. He was nice, sweet, caring, and funny. He was the type of person you could trust with any secret. Not to mention cute. 

Suddenly Vern splashed some of the creek water on you. 

"Vern!!" You laughed, "I'm gonna get you!"

"Not if I get you first!" He laughed.

The two of you splashed each other playfully until you both got tired, and too wet.

You sat back down together, eating Pez once again. 

"This really is a good time, Y/N." Vern said to you.

"It's really something, isn't it?" You replied happily.

"Look...uh...Y/N." Vern stammered, "I've got something I've been meaning to talk to you about."

"Sure, Verno, what's on your mind?"

"Well...there's this girl that I like, but I'm not so sure how to tell her."

Now, don't get your hopes up.

"She's real pretty, y'know. She could be a beauty queen, maybe."

"Oh?"

"So how would I go about telling her my feelings?"

"I would say just go for it. I'm sure she'd return the favor."

"In that case...I really like you Y/N. I think you're real special. You're pretty, and nice, and so fun to be around." Vern blushed.

"Oh, Verno, I like you too!" You grinned and threw your arms around him. 

Vern returned the hug, and without thinking, softly said, "I wish I could kiss you."

"You can if you want." You laughed. 

Vern blushed.