Chapter Two

For the one person to vote on my story. I dedicate this chapter to you my guy. Also sorry if I ever sound weird giving shout outs, and when I give out complements I don't stop giving them until the person has stopped being amazing. Really... I'm just a super awkward person. Also I'm trying a different format with this book than my other one.

    Max POV
    Max was tired and annoyed. Nikki was being too cheery, Nerris and Harrison fought and set his food on fire, let's be honest it was never edible, but he was hungry that day. Gwen was throwing utensils at campers. Nurf was beating up Dolf. Neil would not shut up about how science solves everything. And to Max's relief and dismay David was not there at the moment.

    The happy go lucky counselor was too happy for his own good. And every time Max tried to leave in the middle of the night. David was somehow always up at the perfect time, picked him up, and dropped him off at his tent. David was seemingly always awake, never tired and still loved nature more then Max loathed it. It was way to early for this, he had decided.

     Finally the weirdly cheerful man walked I to the door, saying hello to Gwen, but never getting food. He never got food, now that Max mentions it. The counselor always stayed the same, and the only thing you could notice was how feminine he was starting to look. He stayed tall but instead of staying a six foot tall twig, he gained a few pounds and looked almost healthy. Max cursed under his breath. Today was Hiking/Lake Swimming day. And boy was he so not excited.

      Soon they were all on the hike. Everyone was causing chaos, but Max was just so tired. They were finally at that stupidly named lake. Lake Lilac? Max scoffed but sat in the shade of near by pine tree. Many of the kids were swimming and having fun. Max turned, nothing was there. When he strained his ears he heard a small conversation, he quietly walked closer. He heard the voices speaking.
   "Hello Great Custos Silvam! It's an honor to meet you!" A figure in black said. Bowing to whoever had their backs turned to Max.
    "Hello. What have you summonsed me for?" The voice was weird, it was feminine and boyish all at the same time. From what he could see the thing, or person, whatever it was, wore dark pine green skinny jeans, a black tank top  and had a green beanie on over its hair.
    "Well I just wanted to make a deal with you, or just get an autograph. My coven and I have been trying to get all the demons autographs." The person under the hood was definitely a young woman.

   The person, no demon, sighed. And it's body moved to a position of thought. Max could see small black horns growing from its reddish hair.  A stereotypical demon tail that was black fading into forest green. It had a pentagram tattoo on one shoulder and a forest landscape on the other shoulder. Max was in awe of this demon. Demons were cool in his book, but demons also aren't real. Or so he thought.
      "I can sign an autograph, in return for something." He said slyly.
      "Anything you ask for, my soul even."
     The mans laugh vaguely reminded him of someone but he didn't know who exactly. He shook his head.
     "I want you to... Help plant more trees in this forest. I love the environment. Now as much as I enjoy being helpful, never summon me again." He signed the paper, and fav ether young woman a kiss on the hand. Leaving a small pentacle there.

     The person left, and the demon turned. And noticed the small ten year old boy hiding in the trees. It's eyes widened and ran the other way and jumped onto an oak.

  Max ran back to the lake, he collapsed out of breath. But he said nothing as nobody would even take him seriously.

The funny thing was, was that couldn't remember seeing David anywhere near here.