Nine

Madeline's POV- November 2017

I carefully made my way out of my room being as quiet as possible hoping not to wake Cody up. Last night had not gone as planned, and the Dodgers fell 1 game short to winning the World Series. All team members had to stay to speak with the media, and their team manager, Dave Roberts actually asked if I could talk with the team since I had somewhat been in the same position a couple of months back. When I walked into the room, I made my way directly to Cody who I pulled into a hug. After I hugged Cody, I got all of their attention. Losing sucked, and in order to get past this they had to learn from the mistakes they made. By doing that, they would fix the errors they made, and come back even stronger than ever. Now was the time to sulk, but they almost tasted victory and that's what was going to make them better players. When it was time to go home, Cody didn't want to go back to his apartment. Instead we ended up driving to my mom's house, and it took a bit but he was able to fall asleep. 

"Morning" I greeted.

"Is Cody up?"

I shook my head and ruffled both Nate and Noah's hair as they mumbled a 'good morning'.

"No, I figured I'd let him sleep in" I replied.

He could use the sleep.

"That game was horrible to watch here, I bet it sucked live"

It was honestly painful to watch. After the 5th inning, some of the team just lost the morality that had kept them going through the post season

"If you want I can take them to school" I offered.

Mom smiled and shook her head.

"You actually have 2 visitors"

I raised an eyebrow and nodded when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around me.

"Hey roomie"

"Morning Will" I greeted.

He kissed my cheek and moved so Kasperi could greet me.

"I hope you don't mind, I invited them over"

Kasperi turned me around so he could hug me.

"How's Cody?"

"He's a bit bummed out, but he will be okay" I replied.

At least I hoped he would.

"Does that mean he's going back to Toronto with us?"

I shook my head.

"The baseball season isn't exactly over for him" I stated.

He had to be home when NL Rookie of the year was announced. There was no doubt he was going to win that award, and I agreed with his mom, he was going to get interviewed from the comfort of his family home. 

"So when is he coming to Toronto?"

"After Thanksgiving" I answered.

"You're spending Thanksgiving in Arizona then?"

I nodded.

"Yup, we're having dinner at his parents and then going to dad's for the end of the night" I replied.

Mom smiled.

"Oh right,  it was your father and his family who couldn't fly to see you"

My dad had accidently scheduled a surgery for Wednesday afternoon of Thanksgiving afternoon. Malin, my stepmom had a deadline which unfortunately was the Monday after Thanksgiving. Both were busy, and were unable to fly to Toronto. Mom was pissed when she found out, and even offered to 'switch' holidays with dad which pissed off my dad.