Chapter 1

A lecture. Words that go through one ear and out the other for most people. Words said to many only to be processed differently.  

I look at all the other students as I observe the room. Some paying attention and others in their own world. In a world which is their key to fade from this one.

Sighs and groans fill the room. Partners. The lecture had ended and now it was time to team up and work the lab. The lab that was explained in the lecture which like any other lecture wasn't even properly remembered. There is bound to be someone to pull something.

I walk over to my partner for this year. Yes, assigned partners. I sigh at the sight of him.

"Put it down, Hoseok." I take the beaker from his hands before he has the chance to drop it.

"I didn't do anything." A bright smile runs across his face.

Jung Hoseok. One of the most popular boys in this school. He and six others seem to have the entire school wrapped around their fingers and, can I say, it is annoying. To this very day, I still question how people like them achieve a high status is a place like this with, minim intelligence. Though, I can't say all seven of them are mental. Just mainly this one.

I sigh again as he was about to touch an uncovered chemical without gloves. I quickly take the chemical away before he could even get his hands on it.

"Hoseok, put some goggles and gloves on," I say while setting up the lab.

"Why?" He asks as he gets up and walks around the table to get a better view of what I was doing.

"Because of safety." I try to explain.

"But why?" he repeats his question yet again.

"Did you even listen to what the teacher said?" it comes out almost like a whisper because I had to hold my anger back.

"Why?" This time my anger turns into annoyance.

"Is that all you can say?" I say through my teeth.

"No, now why would that be the only thing I can say." He shrugs his shoulders as if he couldn't even hear my tone change. I bite my tongue and hold back my next words.

"You know what never mind." I sigh out loud. I have given up on talking to him. I get up to grab my notebook. As I was turning around I hear Hoseok yell.

"Watch OUT!" As the words come out of his mouth I am pushed to the floor. In a flash, all our chemicals were gone and turned into smoke. I watch wide-eyed as the smoke slowly rises up and disappears. I quickly get up off the ground and examine the mess.

"YOU IDIOT! LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!" I yell not caring if there were other people in the room.

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!" This time his annoying, normal, joking tone was gone and replaced by anger.

"Shut up both of you! Clean this mess up and I will see both of you after school today." The teacher says as he looks over the stuff. He didn't even look in our direction before turning and leaving.

"Nice going, Shay Jae." I hear my name yelled across the room. Others pitch in and continue to echo the sentence.

'Thanks. Like once wasn't clear enough.'

Their words make me even more annoyed. I looked up at Hoseok just as he walks out of the room leaving me to clean up the mess.

'Great. You get away clean and, I even up with the blame.'

I turn back towards the mess and stare at it. I debate on going and getting the teacher, to tell on Hoseok, but that wouldn't do me any good. I sigh for the hundredth time today. I back away and go to fetch a broom. I turn around and nearly jump out of my skin when I see a boy standing by the mess. I quietly walk up to him.