chapter 4: a family dinner

There was a knock on the door. I stood up and opened it and mom entered in.

"Hey did you sleep well darling?" mom asked as she sat beside me.

"Yeah I guess I did. What time is it anyway?" I asked her.

"Its 8:30 AM dear." she replied.

"Oh, I must have overslept. What did I miss yesterday?"

Mom combed my hair using her hand.

"Nothing much but grandma Ellie and your dad just talked about things. Oh and you missed lunch and dinner yesterday." she reminded me.

"I better get up. I think I want to go outside and take a little walk mom. I miss the sunshine like what I used to do in Manila." I explained to her.

"No worries, no need to wake up early if your body is not yet in condition."

"Where is dad?" I asked mom again.

"I think he went to see the stables."

"What? and I thought the manor is the final surprise? seriously mom, how large is this estate?" I asked her again and mom just shrugged at me.

"Well I guess its time for you to find out once you check on your dad," she answered.

So, I quickly got on my shoes and wore a jacket with a hoodie and went outside.

As I walk across the long wide path leading to the stables, I saw how big it was and I could hear the neighs of horses.

Out near the stable was a lake that had a little boat enough fit for two persons. I wonder what was out there in the lake and to where it ends but then Mr. Dudley called my attention and this time he was wearing a thick coat.

"Hello lady Peters good morning," Mr. Ross Dudley greeted me with a pleasant surprise.

"Hi Mr. Dudley, have you seen my dad?" I asked him.

"Oh he is inside the horse stable dear. You should come."

As I enter the stable, I saw about five healthy horses two black, two brown, and only one was color white. Dad was standing near the brown horse with a white mark on its head.

"You are up early sweet heart. Did you sleep well?" dad asked me.

"Yes and I missed you so I came looking for you," I replied.

Dad held the brown horse's head and smiled at me.

"Come here Pia I want you to meet our friend here," he said.

"This is Peggy, she used to be mine before." he said as Peggy neighed.

"Oh I see, will you give him to me?"

Dad smiled. "Do you like her? will you take care of her?" he asked.

"Yes of course dad I will believe me."

"Alright then I leave Peggy in your hands now but first you have to learn to ride on her back."

The omelette tasted good and the soft bread together with some coffee made my day and here I am now in the balcony with grandma Ellie dad, and mom.

Grandma has beaten mom in a game of chess and I can tell that they are having a good time.

Mr. Dudley suddenly entered and I saw the different kind of flowers he held in his hand and put it back in the vase.

"Pardon me lady Ellie, but I think color orange will perfectly match with the combination later." Mr. Dudley said.

"Color orange is good. Go on with it."