chapter 20: sweet 18

All the preparation for my eighteenth birthday has finally been done and now all that we are waiting for is the announcement of grandma Ellie and grandpa Gregor to start the party.

I am here on my room and sitting on the soft princess like chair in front of the mirror. I put my face some make up and I curled my lashes. I also braided my hair in a fish style position as I wore my metallic gown.

Don't be nervous. Just be yourself and everything will be fine. I talked to myself in the mirror.

I looked in my phone and saw an SMS from Dain greeting me a happy birthday. How I wish she were here!

Someone knocked on the door.

"Can I come in?" I heard mom's voice.

"Sure," I answered and she opened the door.

"Oh, look at you. My baby girl on her eighteenth birthday." mom said and she cried a bit.

"Hey, don't cry or your make up will smudge." I teased her.

"Are you ready for your big entrance tonight?" she asked me.

I inhaled and exhaled and then held mom's hand.

"Yup I think I am," I told her.

"Alright then sweet heart, I will go find your father." mom added and she left.

Another came budging in to the door and this time it was Faye.

She kissed my cheeks. "Happy sweet eighteen sweet heart!" she shouted merrily into my room and she embraced me.

Faye was wearing a light fuschia gown and her hair had been ironed blonde straight.

"Thank you cousin, oh and you look amazing in your gown and mask." I complimented her.

"Of course I am and so do you," Faye told me.

"So here is the thing," she added.

"What thing?" I asked her.

"Uncle Gregory told me that Austin should be your escort." Faye answered me in an optimistic tone.

"Austin? and does he know?" I asked Faye and she smiled.

"He does Pia and I cannot tell you how much he looks excited to see you," she squeeled.

At this moment in time, I wanted to tell Faye about James.

I thought for a second.

"Uh, Faye I want to tell you something," I told her as she was busy on her re- touch.

"Not now cousin, we have a masquerade to attend to!" Faye shouted and she grabbed my hand as we walked fast into the long hall.

"But Faye, listen to me I--"

"Hush, we dance tonight!"