12. The truth

Written 2018 by VeGirl ©

* * * * * * *

Zoe was anxious to finally see Nicholas again, it had been too long. Nervously she stroked a hand over the short dress, straightening any non existing creases. She sighed and twisted on the sofa in the hotel reception. She had been a little surprised when he had asked her to meet him in Liverpool but it sure was closer to her home than London.

A man came walking towards her and Zoe looked only briefly at him, but then her eyes sought him again. It was Nicholas. Her mouth fell open. "Wow," she breathed. "I barely recognized you without that beard and hair." She debated wheither she liked this neat haircut or the long ponytail, and decided that both fit him.

"I figured," he said enigmatic while letting his eyes get reaquainted with her. "I was going for the 'stranger' look." He smiled wry and held a hand out in silent invitation.

Without hesitation she placed her hand in his, allowing him to help get her on her treasured Marc Jacobs. "I missed you," she dared, debating whether that was right or the wrong thing to say.

His eyes held so much excitement and passion, and in those he looked just the same as last time she saw him, despite his new look. "I've been looking forward to this as well." His dark voice further built the anticipation of what to come. With her hand in his she followed docile.

"So, how did you like the little adventure?"

She swallowed and her eyes blinked of their own volition. "Err... I liked it." She looked around the lobby to make sure they weren't overheard. "Thank you." She noticed a smile playing on his face even if he remained silent and she wondered if he had been informed of what happened in London, or if he would pry everything out of her. They walked up to the lifts where they remained silently waiting until the doors opened and they stepped in. "Where are you taking me?"

"The dungeon."

"What?"

He chuckled, making Zoe's body react. "I'm taking you to the penthouse," he revealed smilingly.

"What?"

He turned to just nail her with those smouldering eyes, one of his brows tilted questioning.

Zoe cursed herself with a sigh. "I'm sorry. I don't have a hearing problem. I was just surprised." Nervousness spread through her body melting with attraction. "Why are we going to the penthouse?"

"I thought it would be nice to have some privacy." There were so many secrets in those sultry eyes, but Zoe trusted him. She wanted him badly. He put a key in the display and pressed the top button. "And, it's practical because it's mine. I own the hotel."

Her mouth fell open. "You never told me you own a hotel; I thought it was a club?"

He smiled. "No, this is a hotel," he pointed out with a taunting smile.

She pursed her lips and turned so she could see him better. "And I also noticed that this isn't London. Was anything you've told me so far true?"

He laughed once again in that dark sultry way that set her body on fire. "All I've said so far is true."

"So far?"

Serious expression replaced the laughter instantly and Zoe recognised the sharpness. "I will never lie to you," he assured her. The lift stopped and the doors opened right into a vast living room. Zoe felt shy at that moment and reluctant to the whole idea. They did definitely not play in the same league.

"What's the problem, luv?"

Wide-eyed she looked at him, wanting to lie but failing. "You're a bit out of my league that's all," she admitted, "or a lot."