A Day with the Doctor (A Doctor Who Fanfic)

A Day With The Doctor

He just… appeared. One day I walked down the main street enjoying the day, when a box, a BLUE box appeared out of nowhere and a man walked out. He had tall, dark hair and olive skin. He was… strange in a way I wanted to know him. That was my first idea before noticing I was walking toward him unconsciously. As I stop just a few feet away I notice him working on something, some thing I couldn’t describe. Before I knew it I knew it I was talking. The words flowing out of my mouth like a river. “Who are you?” This was my first mistake.

He looked at me as if I was the paparazzi and he was a star. Terrified. He answered in an accent from Southern Britain “I am the Doctor”

I was then confused and asked, “Doctor who exactly?” That was my second mistake.

“Just The Doctor...” He said hesitantly looking me over. “Who might you be?” He asked my with even more skepticy.

“Rina, Rina Frist..” I say quickly without even thinking. His face stopped contorting in a skeptical way as he said something I will never forget.

“Would you like to see the Galaxies, the past, future, anything you could ever have imagined?” he said taking a step toward me.

So for the first time that day, I did something right. I thought about what he said,thinking how it could be true and said something no sane person would say, “Yes!”

His face lit up with unseen happiness of only a moment before. “Then come with me!’ He said extending me his hand, and with no thought put in at all. I took it. Then to my surprise, he took me to the door of the box and I give him a strange look before asking. “A police box from london?”

He just replied with,”Why not?” I shook my head as he opened the door and to my surprise there was a room, far bigger than the small box on the outside could contain. He quickly said,”It’s a TARDIS!” he said proudly as if that explained anything I was thinking. He walked inside and I followed.

I ask ,” So this is a time machine?” looking at the empty space ,” Where would I go with all that time on my hands?” i ask myself before it hit me. “Could you possibly go back in time to help someone, you know for the greater good?” i ask hesitantly

He replied with a sad tinge in his voice, “Thats not how time travel works.” He said,” If anything was changed it would already have impacted the present meaning you can change anything! In the end however, the world will be changed as if life today never happened.

I took a long dramatic pause before responding in a confused voice,” What?” and his face beamed as if he was saying,’Isn’t it funny how confused you people are?’ “Hand outs.” he said, “We can’t change anything but we can help people.”I ignored it and looked around the ‘TARDIS’.  He then looked at me saying,” Pick a time any time!” In a comedic style. As my smile widened I look at him and he looked back.

“What about, not trying to be sad or depressing but, a jewish concentration camp in WWII!” he said not even pausing to ask for my input as I began thinking ‘He can’t REALLY travel through time… CAN HE?!’ As soon as the thought crosses my mind the Doctor pulls a lever hits a button and the TARDIS shakes as if falling through the earth itself bumping on every metaphorical rock. “WHAT WAS THAT!” I say squealing with surprised happiness that he did it. He really did, well he did something.

He looked at me with a smile on his face as I walked to the door of the TARDIS and get a face full of dirt as it flys at my face. I retorted in disgust before popping my head out and saw that we were in a dessert. No a open space of dirt and gravel.” This isn’t a camp,” I said confused before remembering ‘We ARE traveling in a blue police box!’