Chapter Two

Sophia POV:

The day flew by really quickly and pretty soon it was the end of the day.

"Hey Phoebe. Do you want to come to my house?"

"Sorry, I can't. My families have a dinner party tonight." Phoebe said, genuinely looking sorry.

"It's fine. See you tomorrow!" I told her. I walked home and pretty soon I was at my house.

I unlocked the door and went upstairs to my room. Music blared from my phone as I looked at the pictures hanging on my wall.

I sighed as I stared at the picture of me and my cousins, Amelia and Jenna. I really missed Australia.

"Sophie? Are you home?" My mum's voice called from downstairs.

"Yeah! I'm in my room!" I called back.

"Sweetie, we're going to our neighbors house for dinner tonight. Wear something semi-formal." Mum replied.

I sighed again and got dressed.

I was wearing a coral pink dress with white floral designs and a brown belt with brown sandals. I added my silver turtle necklace and paired it with silver earrings. Finally, I curled my hair and for a final touch placed a tan fedora on my head.

I looked in the mirror and decided I was satisfied with my appearance. I made my way downstairs and into my dad's car

"Took you long enough," Jackson muttered under his breath.

"At least I don't look like-" I was cut off by my mom raising her eyebrows at me in the mirror.

"Busted," Jack smirked.

Just like your lip is going to be, I thought, but bit my tongue to keep from saying anything.

After a while, we pulled up in front of a semi-large house.

"Be good," my dad said, looking pointedly at Jackson and I.

"Always, Daddy," Emma replied.

"Of course," Aiden said, fidgeting in his seat.

We got out of the car and walked up to the door.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Phoebe's POV:

"Okay kids, our guests will be here soon. I expect you to be on your best behavior," Dad said.

"And Max. No pranks," Mom added.

"Like when the Campbell's came over for dinner," I piped up.

Max rolled his eyes. "That was one time!" He protested.

"But you said-" Billy started.

Max covered his mouth. "Kids these days," he said. "They never know what they're talking about."

"Didn't you just-" Nora was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"They're here!" Mom exclaimed.

Max walked over and switched our super hero picture to our normal family portrait. He then opened the door.

"Sophie!" I exclaimed.

"Phoebe!" She replied.