A new start

Change is an interesting thing. It either brings you good or bad things in life. I hoped that change would bring me good things for once. 

I was moving to New Jersey from Chicago for a new change. Something you should know about me is that I think differently. I just interpret stuff differently. At least that's what my parents say. We were on our way to our new home, my new beginning. My mom, dad, and sister. My sister, Erica is the opposite of me. She's outgoing, pretty, and social. Things that I am not. She's like a girl version of my dad. I'm more like my mom, shy and reserving.

"Guys, we're here", my mom said.

As I stepped out of the car a new smell hit me. It was the smell of more space and nature. It was way different than the smell of the city. The house in front of me was large. It was a brick house with a white porch with lots of windows. I looked around and something caught my eye. There were two boys next door throwing a football. They looked about my age and I'd be lying if I said they weren't attractive. That quickly slipped my mind because I knew that I would never have a shot with guys like them. 

I walked inside my house and a grand staircase blew me away. The inside was very open and there was a lot of light seeping in through all of the windows. I went upstairs to go find my room. Erica had already been unpacking in her room. I had no choice but to get the room next to hers. My room was very nice it gave off positive vibes with the light coming in from the windows. I saw that I had another door that led to a terrace. I went outside and took a deep breath. I noticed that there was another terrace that faced mine. It belonged to the house next door. I wonder if it belonged to one of the guys that was outside. After I unpacked everything I went downstairs to watch some Riverdale. It's one of my favorite shows right now. I then heard my mom talking to another lady outside the door. I decided to pause the T.V to listen.

"I'm so glad that you guys decided to move in" the lady said.

"Me too, we just needed a change."

"I hope Ariana can become friends with your boys, she needs some new friends."

She wasn't wrong I could use some new friends but I didn't know if they would wanna be friends with me.

"I hope they can all be friends too, my boys don't have that many friends either."

"Well we'll see you in about an hour for dinner."

"Goodbye, see you soon."

I then unpaused the T.V so my mom didn't know I was eavesdropping.

"Family meeting everybody!", my mom shouted.

"What is it now Mother", Erica complained.

"We are invited to dinner at the Dolan household."

"Everyone better be on their best behavior, especially you Erica," my dad said.

"We are leaving in an hour so be ready."

An hour passed and we walked to the house next to ours. My mom rang the doorbell and one of the boys that was outside today opened the door.

*Hope you liked this chapter, this story is going to get good in the next few chapters.