Chapter 2

Meanwhile, in the Underworld, Emeraude were crying due to the fact that she misses her mother very deeply and that she didn't understand why was she in a gloomy place like this; all dark and no life. She was seating on a throne on the left of the other throne that was seating Zagato. Zagato look down at her from the corner of his eye and saw how sad she was and that he wish he knew how to make her feel better. He reaches in on the right side of his cloak and brings out a handkerchief and passes it to Emeraude.

She looks at the handkerchief and then at Zagato with her teary sky blue eyes and took the handkerchief and said, "Thank you," with a sad, low voice. She wipes her tears away from her eyes and face. Still Zagato didn't know what to do next to ease her from her sadness. He started to have a worry look in his eye. Emeraude was still a little sad, but she calmed herself down a bit and looked to Zagato.

She saw that Zagato had a worry expression, so slowly she touched his cold hand. He quickly looked down at to see what was that warm feeling coming from that was raiding from his hand to his entire body and to his surprise, it was her.

Emeraude smiled slightly at him to give him some comfort. Being a little overwhelmed by this, he gave a slight smile back. Out of know where, that is when Emeraude started to blush and quickly looked away. Zagato took notice and took his free hand to stork her warm, soft, red cheek. She faced back to him and gave another smile.

Just by looking at him, she thought she should give him a chance; considering that he is the ruler of the underworld, which it got to be pretty lonely down here and that probably all he really wanted was someone to be with him. That is when she started to notice she was developing feelings for him.

They stare into each other's eyes that seem like hours, until Emeraude spoke, "You must really do like me; don't you?"

Zagato's cheeks turned a little rosy pink; was surprise by this warm sudden feel that he had to touch his own face. He always thought of himself as a soulless god not capable of loving anyone with such beauty or had any hidden feelings what so ever. Emeraude laugh softly at his so called embarrassed look and took her small hands and wrap them around his and brung his hand to her face again and rubbed lovingly into his now warm hand.

Zagato smiled at how sweet she was to him and that he felt happy for once in his life. Emeraude looked back up to now his sparking violet, dark eyes, "You still didn't answer my question." in a teasing voice. He looked deeply into her ocean blue eyes and leans down close to her and kissed her.

She felt startle a bit, but relaxed and started to kiss him back. This was a new experience for them and that both of their hearts started beating faster.

They kissed for a few more minutes, and then broke away. They were so passionate in their kiss that they didn't notice that their hands were entwined in with each other. They both chuckle for a moment at the sight. Then, Zagato look up at Emeraude and had a smirk on his face. Emeraude looked at him with a puzzled for a moment, as to why he was smirking at her, that's when Zagato lean closer to her again and said, "To answer your question, no, I don't like you, I love you and that's why I made you my queen."

She was a lot surprised by his answer; she didn't suspect that he would say "I love you", but deep down she felt glad that he said it.

Since they really don't know much about each they started to have conversations to get more acquainted with each other.