Prologue: The Birth of the Darkness

Looking back at the castle, the young woman couldn't believe she was going through with it. Leaving the only life she'd ever known all for the love of one man. Her father would be furious, but he would one day forgive her.

Maybe.

Refusing to dwell on the thought of her father, the young woman pulled the hood of her dark cloak up and headed through the forest. She didn't stop walking until she reached a clearing with a willow tree in the center of it.

Under the willow tree stood a tall young man with short cut dark hair. He looked so handsome with the shadows of the willow tree and the light of the moon playing across his face. She smiled to herself and she rushed towards him.

"Cyrus!" She called as she ran towards him. He turned towards her and grinned.

He opened his arms to her and she rushed into them, hugging him as close to her as humanly possible.

"You came." He said softly wrapping his arms around her.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" She said pulling back and smiling at him.

"Maybe because you are betrothed to another." A voice asked from the shadows. They span around in shock to see an older gentleman dressed in fine clothing and a elegant red cloak.

"Father!" She said in surprise.

"Your majesty." Cyrus said bowing slightly. The man glared at them both and snapped his fingers. Soldiers came from the forest and pulled Cyrus from the woman.

"No father please!" She begged kneeling at his feet.

"You are a Princess Karinda and I will not allow my daughter to marry a commoner." Her father replied, "As king I sentence you, Cyrus, to your death."

"NO!" Karinda screamed trying to move towards Cyrus. Soldiers stepped forward and held her back as her father watched another soldier pull his sword.

Karinda struggled against the soldiers.

"Father please, I love him!" She pleaded as the soldier set his sword against Cyrus' neck.

"You will learn to love the man you are to marry." Her father replied, "Kill him."

It suddenly felt like time had stopped as the soldier raised his sword to strike. Karinda felt her heart stop as she met Cryus' gaze.

"I love you." He said quietly as the soldier swung his sword down. Karinda cried out as the sword met its mark. Her father turned to her and smiled.

"There. Now we can return home and prepare you to meet your husband to be." He said moving towards her.

Karinda stared at where Cyrus' body lay as her father tried to lead her away.

"No." She said quietly.

"Do not try to resist child he is already dead you might as well move on." He said angrily.

"I said no." Karinda replied louder.

"You have no choice." Her father reached out to take her by the arm, but before he could touch her he was thrown from her.

Karinda flicked her wrists and sent the soldiers flying as well. There was so much her father didn't know about her and he was about to find out exactly what she could do. Soldiers moved towards her but with the flick of her wrists she turned their swords on them and killed them. Slowly moving towards her father who stared at her like she had suddenly grown a head.

"How? What are you?" He asked in fear.

"I'm your daughter. Mother never really told you about her abilities did she?" Karinda asked with a smirk, "Allow me to show you and the kingdom exactly what she taught me."

Karinda walked through the castle with soldiers dragging her father behind her. Today she would show the kingdom that she was not to be messed with. She threw the doors to a balcony open and stepped out to greet the people of the kingdom.

They looked up at her muttering and obviously confused since only here the ruler of the kingdom was permitted to talk to the people. She looked down at the crowd and smirked.

"People of Glelalia, you are here today to witness the death of the king." She announced loudly. She smirked at the gasps and gestured for the soldiers to bring her father forth.

"He has taken the only thing that matters to me so I'm about to do the same and take his life which is all that matters to him."

She snapped her fingers and a sword appeared in her hands. Turning slowly to her father, she smirked evilly. She raised the sword and with one swing she ended her father's life.

There were cries of outrage from the people and shouts for her own death.

"Silence!" Karinda screamed causing a blast of lightning to hit the ground near the people, "The king is dead and now I rule this land. But don't worry I'll be nothing like my father. Everything is going to be much worse."

With the snap of her fingers she vanished leaving the people to panic amungst themselves as she watched from her castle with an amused look upon her face.