Home Sweet Home

*Evie's pov*

I had been looking out of the plane's window for about two hours. I had woken up to see Sam and Colby still fast asleep next to me. I decided to let them rest while i plugged in my headphones and started editing my book. We weren't going to be landing for about another hour/hour and a half.

As I was editing the first few chapters i started to think about what Colby had said a few days ago. Was my book really as good as Sam and Colby said it was? I mean it is only two opinions but I trust them both so much. I mean who would want to read this book? Sure i love the book so much but I wrote it so it doesn't count. 

Maybe Colby was right. Maybe I should go and talk to a publishing agency. I mean what is the worst that could happen.

*1 hour later*

*Colby's pov*

I was in the middle of peaceful sleep when i felt someone slowly shaking me. I decided to just move away and continue to sleep. As i was just getting comfy someone began viciously shaking me which scared me half to death. I opened my eyes and shot up and let out a shout scream. 

I looked over to see Evie holding in a laugh. I turned my head to see Sam still half asleep. I think i might have woke him up. I looked up and saw that most of the people on the plane were now looking at me. The flight attendants were both confused and stifling their laughter. I blushed and slowly sunk back down into my seat.

I covered my face with my jacket and continued to sink down lower into my seat.

''That was so funny'' Evie giggled.

I rolled my eyes trying not to let out a small laugh.

''Come on, you can't be annoyed with me'' Evie smiled.

''Yeah you're right'' I smiled sitting up and giving Evie a kiss.

''Come on guys, we have to get going'' Sam said, standing in the aisle.

I didn't even noticed that we had landed. Evie and I grabbed our bags and followed Sam off the plane hand in hand.

*At home*

*Colby's pov*

When we finally got home it was about 8 at night. Sam, Evie and I were walking up to the door when Evie gasped.

''What it is?'' Sam and I both asked.

''I have an idea for a prank'' Evie whispered.

Sam and I both shared a glance, ''What is the plan?''.

''You guys go in and get everyone downstairs on the couch and tell them that I;m staying in Kansas and that I won't be coming home, I will sneak up behind the window and hopefully scare them'' Evie smiled.

''Ok'' Sam and I both smiled.

Evie walked around the side of the house as Sam and I both walked through the front door. We quickly ran up the stairs and put our bags in our rooms and i put Evie's bag in her room. We walked back down to the lounge room.

''Elton, Corey, Devyn, can you guys come down here?'' Sam yelled.

Elton walked in from the garage. Devyn walked down from upstairs.

''Corey will be down in a minute?'' Devyn said as she sat down.

Sam nodded as we heard Corey running down the stairs.

''Brothers'' Corey said making me crack a smile.

''Where is Evie?'' Devyn asked looking around.

''Well, that is what we called you all here for'' Sam said.

''What happened?'' Elton asked sitting up a bit.

''Her brother made it out of his coma a day before the doctors were going to turn off his oxygen.'' Sam said, ''He is home now''.

''That is great to hear but where is Evie?'' Corey asked.

Sam looked over at me with a sad expression.

''Well, this whole experience messed with Evie a bit so she has decided to move back to Kansas'' I said.

''Wait... like forever?'' Corey questioned.

''It looks like it is going to be forever.'' I sighed with a tear rolling down my face.

I put my head in my hands. I hoped that they believed this.

''So she is gone for good?'' Elton asked.

''Yeah, she blames herself for what happened to her brother so she moved back home and asked us to go home and tell you guys.'' I sighed, ''She told us to start packing her room to send it back to Kansas''.

I looked up after i had finished the sentence. I had tears rolling down my eyes.

''Don't be sad Colby, you guys are still together''. Devyn smiled.

''We aren't anymore, she said that it is best for me to go and find someone else.'' I sobbed.'' She wants me to find someone here and she is going to find someone in Kansas and hopefully live there for the rest of her life to make sure everything is okay with her family''.

I started to fake cry but that led into a real cry because I started thinking about what if this was all real. I could never lose Evie. She is my other half. She means so much to me.

''It is alright mate'' Sam said giving me a hug.

I looked up to see a sad expression on Corey and Elton's faces and Devyn was slowly starting to shed some tears. I looked out the window to see Evie waving. She mouthed if she could scare them now. I nodded my head while trying to make it not look so obvious. I nudged Sam and motion from him to look at the window. He looked up and saw Evie and nodded. She slowly crept up to the window before hitting her hands against the window and screaming.

Corey jumped off the couch. Elton fell backwards and Devyn spun around and screamed. Evie ran through the back doors laughing. Sam and I engulfed her in a hug and we all started laughing. 

''What the hell?'' Elton yelled.

''Why would you do that?''Corey asked.

Devyn ran over to Evie and gave her a big hug.

''I'm so glad that you are home but why did you have to do that to me?'' Devyn asked.

''Sorry Devyn, but you know i can't resist a good prank'' Evie smiled.

Man, I love this girl so much.