Her

Surprised to see the random face of a female, Rhys squinted his eyes and looked a little closer into the semi-dark walls of the tunnel. The girl's face was illuminated by the soft glow af the backround light. She was beautiful, not in the sense of being model beautiful, but the way a summer's sunset is soft and beautiful. Naturally, her everything was perfect. Rhys had not even met the girl and he felt that she was wrapping him around her little pinky finger. In every sense of the word, the girl was: cute. Her light brown-auburn hair reaching to her chest and her bangs just bearly touching her filled out eyebrows. Her eyes were almond shaped and they were a little on the chinky side. The glasses on her face had complimented both her eyes and her hair. Making her look, if even possible, more asian. Wait, he didn't even know if she was asian. Her skin tone had told him she was of islander decent. Hawaiian? His eyes widened and he looked below him, he started to hold his stomach, curling in on himself. Not knowing what to do, he started to smile. Betrayed by his body yet once again, he felt the flutter of wings in his stomach. Confirming that he felt something for this girl. She wasn't even one of the skinny and shallow girls that he usually dated either. What is her name, he wanted to know. But what he wanted to know most of all was where he had saw her. Why was she popping up into his mind, and why was she even there. Had he made the girl up? What was her purpose to the boy? Rhys began to stare at the chubby cheeks of the girl and he grinned. The corner of his lips reaching his ears, well at least it felt like it. 

The scene began to change drastically and the light turned dim. Her eyes were puffy and looked worn, like she had been rubbing them too much. Her pretty brown eyes were a little bit blood shot, and there were water stains on her cheeks. Rhys' heart broke just looking at the girl. The female was smiling, but her eyes weren't. He felt his own eyes start to water. He hadn't cried for much since his mother's incident. So it was really hard to even get some kind of emotion from the stoic boy. His life was usually full of superficial feelings, and faking anything to get past the humans that surround him during school. It broke him down when he saw the girl try to do the same. She probably thought that he wouldn't notice, or rather care for the small details of the girl's face. He did, and when he tried to reach out to the image to at least know if there was a way to make contact witht he female the image changed yet again. 

This image was lively and more upbeat than the one before. Her mouth was upturned into a smile and there was a small tongue sticking out of the side. She scrunched her face up a bit and her nose was the cutest little thing. She was blushing just a light pink, and she had one dimple on her left cheek. Even though there was only one dimple, it was the cutest thing he had ever seen. Rhys could feel the blood racing to his face. He brought up his right hand to his mouth, covering the open gap that it was making. Blushing, he was really blushing. And he liked it. Rhys started to chuckle and hold his stomach for it started to hurt from his burst of laughter. Her image was teasing him and he wanted so bad to touch her in some way. He wanted to make contact with the mysterious girl. So he reached out to the image. He tried to float his way there. But as soon as he came just a hair toward it, he opened his eyes.

There wasn't anything more disappointing than the feel of air upon one's skin as he was just about to touch a living person. Rhys' hand was outstretched in front of his face and there was a light sheen on him. He was out in a slight sweat. What was the meaning of this damn dream and that... girl?