Chapter Two:

Holding tightly to the slowly dying Arthur. Merlin silently sobbed, he had failed. He failed Camelot, failed the great dragon. Failed the druids, failed all magic users and creatures. Yet most importantly he failed Arthur, his king, his friend. Dreaded silence settled, but the only thing merlin could hear were the shallow breaths of his king.

    "Arthur am sorry, I failed you!" he cried. Hugging tightly his king, he took a sharp breath. Silence only silence. Looking down he saw Arthur stilled paled body. His heart rapidly beating, clutching Arthur body.

    "Arthur please you can't be dead! Camelot needs you, i need you! Please Arthur you can't, please dear god! Don't take him away not yet!" he wailed. Begging for a miracle, praying for anything. As he prayed for his friend, yet was disturbed by gasping. And feeling a strong force pushing him away, he looked up to see Arthur sitting up.

    "Merlin..? What happened?" asked Arthur, but was tackled by the sorcerer. He was stunned by how strong, scrawny merlin was.

    'What happened? How am i alive? Did merlin do this?' he thought as his manservant was crying on his shoulder. A strong urge sooth his friend, but the feeling was replaced by anger.

'Merlin is a sorcerer, he has magic, magic is evil. He lied to me, he betrayed me.' Arthur thought. Pushing merlin away from him, and pinned him to the floor. Hands firmly holding merlin's thin neck. The stunned eyes of merlin were staring right through his soul. Tugging his heart painfully.

"Arthur..?" cautiously asked merlin. Looking at his king no best friend in the eyes. Arthur eyes shined with confusion, and anger.

'Was Arthur still mad about my magic? I thought he accepted it?' thought merlin. Trying to reach for his friend face, and gently cupped his cheek. Arthur leaned into it and closed his eyes, but adamantly snapped his eyes open and jerked away from his hand. Merlin heart tugged painfully, but not knowing why.

"You are a soccer, you're not my friend, your evil." stated Arthur to merlin. Closing his eyes the king of Camelot repeated those words over his head. Trying to push the dreadful pit of mixed emotions away. He opened his eyes and looked at merlin. quickly regretted doing that. As he saw friend no ex friend, staring at him with the most shattered look he ever saw. His heart throbbed, yearning to console his friend and pick the pieces of his friend heart.

'He not my friend...he the enemy. He not my friend...he the enemy. He not my friend...he the enemy.' Arthur repeated over and over. Trying to bury all his emotions.

'He not my friend...he the enemy. He nothing to me..'