Chapter One - Devi

(( Before I start this, just know this is in Devi's point of view. Unless you read otherwise. And yes, the image is my art. ~AN))

     I sat down in my bedroom on the ginormous king sized bed. Demons walked up to me, each holding something different. A photo in a frame. A suit. A bow with a quiver filled with arrows. "I don't want any of it. Let me sleep." I said, my voice being slightly scratchy yet deep. /Yes sir./ They all said in unison, walking out of my room. I laid back on the bed, dimming the lights. The sheets and blankets were a bright shade of blue, fading into a deep shade of pink. It wasn't my main choice, but.. she liked it. I used to be married, her name was Rosalie. Sadly she isn't here any longer. She was shot and killed, but what broke my heart was that she was pregnant with a 4 month old baby girl. I already had one kid, he was only 4 years at the time. He was with friends at home when this happened. I had become an alcoholic moments after Rosalie died. I could've helped her but i didnt. Eventually my son moved out and went to Earth, where all the humans lived. Living in hell as king was difficult. I went to my son's house, wanting to visit him. He was already married with three kids, twins; both girls, and a son. One of the twins was blind, the other being deaf. The blind girl, Lilac, has a daughter of her own. Her sister, Lilly, doesn't have any children. The son, Quinn, was normal. He didn't have a family of his own but he helps his sister's. Eventually I went to a lake in the woods by my son's house. I bumped into somebody, the person apologizing immediately. "I'm so sorry about that." He said, "I-it's fine dont...... worry....." I tried to finish my sentence but i couldn't. I was looking at him, despite having blue and white horns he looked amazing... "You okay...?" He asked, confused. I nodded, then asked him his name. "Ace." He said, "Cute name.... I-I mean what!!" I blushed profusely and hid my face, Ace was holding back laughter. I mumbled. "Go ahead and laugh... I know I'm a fucking joke...." He looked at me then shook his head. "Nope." I looked down. I was more sad than embarrassed now. He hugged me. I hugged him back gently, now he was holding me close to him. "Give me your arm, I want to write something down." I rolled up my sleeve and held out my arm, it being bandaged up to my fingers. "What happened?" He asked. "Long story... just write on the bandages..." I replied, speaking softly. He nodded then wrote down a phone number on my arm. "You do have a phone right? Or at least know somebody with one?" He asked me, putting a pen back into his pocket. "I don't have one.. but i know somebody who does..." I replied. He smiled. "Call me then." I looked up at him as he disappeared. I blushed then started back home. I walked into the house, and asked Lilly, who was on the couch, if i could use her phone. "Awww." She said. I blushed deeply and showed her the phone number on my arm. "I met this... really.. cute guy and.... he wanted me to call him...." I smiled a little at the end of my sentence. "Cute." Lilly said, handing me her phone. I blushed and dialed the number, placing the phone to my ear. I heard it ring for a minute or two, then somebody answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey.. it's me.. the um.. the guy you bumped into at the woods..."

"Oh, hey."

My heart was racing at this point. I have no idea what to say.

"Hey, is this your phone? If it's not I won't add it to my contacts."

I looked down a bit. "No... I don't have a phone..."

"I'll get you one then."

I smiled. "Thanks.."

"No problem."

"Hey, do you want to meet again? Tonight by the lake is fine. You know where the lake is right?"

"Yeah. See you tonight."

I smiled even more. "See ya."

I hung up then handed the lone back to Lilly. "Sooo?" She said,  with a smirk. I blushed and spoke softly. "I'm meeting him tonight.... at the lake..." I looked down a bit, embarrassed. "What time is it...?" I asked. "About 8." Lilly replied, stuffing her phone in her pocket. "I should be going then.." I walked over to the door and grabbed my leather jacket. "See ya. Have fun." I nodded then walked off, headed towards the lake. Ace was sitting there, his feet in the water. I sat next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close. "I got somethin for ya." He said, then he handed me a phone. I took it and hugged him. "Thank you so so much." He smiled and held me. "Hey.. could you help me out? I wanna take some pictures of us." He nodded then showed me the camera icon. I opened the app and kissed him on the lips, taking a picture just as he kissed back. I pulled away then got a picture of him. He smiled, then I put the phone in my jacket pocket. "I already have my phone number in there. It's the only one." I looked back at my phone and at the only contact number listed. '♡♡' was the contact name, the contact photo being a red ace of hearts card. I blushed and hugged him.