s i x

ANOTHER SCHOOL DAY
-chapter six

Marinette dreaded school recently. It wasn't sone sort of revelation really, it was seldom heard that children liked school. However, recently things were different that usual. Everyone had a tired, unapproachable demeanor, even those who didn't care much for school.

There were only a few times in the year when this was noticeable. Exams. Of course, they were extremely important, but it seemed as though most of Marinettes class had given up with revision, note taking or other responsible things. They just wanted it to be over.

And so, Marinette found herself, head nestled in her arms, lying on her desk. Oh chemistry, what a horror to study. Even those who found it enjoyable could honestly admit, it was devilishly difficult. So much memorising, so much remembering. Marinettes brain was practically frying itself with equations, formulas and an unearthly amour of mathematics for a subject unrelated to it.

There was no familiar scratching of hurrying pens on paper as usual, everyone was tired. While some simply slept, others stared blankly at the front of the class, not at all taking in any information. As expected.

Marinettes notebook was empty, all but the title;

'Monomer and Polymer formations'

Her mind was utterly blank. She heard something about polymerisation or hydrogen, but nothing really registered.

She started when the bell rang, at last. It was a huge relief. This was the last lesson of the day, leaving her with the whole evening utterly free, which was a rare occurance. No classes, no chores, no work. The high life at last.

Her arms feeling heavier than she'd ever remembered, she began slowly placing all her practically unused textbooks into her bag with a gentle sigh.

'je veux quelqu'un qui me comprends, qui est mon tout'

That was about all she wanted right now. Just, someone, something to come back to, something to look forward to. Her body seemed to be on some type of autopilot as she walked home, she just... walked. It was as if she were sleepwalking, as her subconscious drove her to her destination, she stopped at the road crossings and avoided bumping into passerbys, as she finally entered her room and collapsed. Fast asleep.