The 5th Hunger Games

Chapter One: Chosen

"Well, I don't know why not!" "I don't care if he has autism, he has to be at the ceremony!" Daniel's mother was screaming into the phone. "Daniel is out and about, if he knows abou-" "About what?" asked Daniel. "Oh, um well your father and I have been thinking and you've reached the age to where you can be in the Hunger Games." "Yeah I know, I've been training with Jacob if we ever get picked." Daniel told his mother. "You've been training?" asked his mom. "Yes, and I think we could get picked, there are only two hundred men in District One." "I just hope that you don't."

Later, Daniel and Jacob meet up in the Square. "How did your mom take it?" asked Jacob. "She took the training thing well if you are talking about that." "Cool." Silence came over the boys for a couple of moments. "Hey, how about we can go hunting after we eat!" Daniel said. "Sounds good...wait, why? We are the livestock district not the hunting!" Jacob said. "Well, if you realise it, our district is the laughing-stock of all Panem." "I know but, ugh I hate it when you are right, come on let's go hunting." Jacob amited.

After a long day of a successful hunt, the boys hit the snooze. Today was the day, the choosing day. Everybody lined up for their finger-pricking. When everybody entered the Square, a big women in a wierd get-up walked on stage, she was from the Capitol. "Welcome tributes, this is the fifth annual Hunger Games choosing!" Now, the talk got boring, there was a clip about the war five years ago. Jacob and Daniel lived through it. "Now for the choosing..." She reached into a large bowl and picked out two certain names. "The tributes for the fifth Hunger Games is...Jacob Price and Daniel Griffin." "What?" Jacob whispered.

"Will you both come up on the stage ,please?" They both hesitated as they went on stage. The woman said "These fine gentlemen are the fifth Hunger Games tributes!" The boys were sweating badly. They trained so hard, but they didn't think it would happen. Jacob was only fifteen years old and Daniel was sixteen. They were now entering the Hunger Games.