Espinosa

Chapter One

Matt's POV

"Matt, wake up. We leave for Magcon at one and it's 11:30, so get up!" Carter yelled, jumping all over the place.

"I'm up Carter!!" I pushed him off and rolled out of bed. "Why so early?"

 "We'll be there tomorrow morning and as we get there we have a VIP meet a few girls."

"I am so tired. I swear." 

I finish packing the clothes and throw the rest in my backpack. Carter grabs my board for me and we leave.

Gracie's POV

I woke up frowning. My sister, Alex, received VIP tickets to Magcon from our Mom about a month ago. I was happy for her until I found out I would be chaperoning her all summer. I love her to death, but really? Magcon?

When Alex turned twelve about three years ago she was so happy, everyone was happy, but a week after her birthday our older brother Jake died in a car crash. I haven't talked since then, Alex cried every single day, and Mom and Dad fought over stupid shit, but we knew they just needed a distraction. Alex had the perfect plan and it must've slipped her mind to include me in it because I was left alone for a week with a note on the table that said, 'Be back next week. Went to visit everyone up in New York. Money for food in rainy day jar.'

But now, I still haven't spoken a word. Almost four years and I've not even muttered a hello. 

"Gracie come on. Flight leaves in an hour." Mom said.

Yay! At least I'll get to spend the rest of my summer at Grandma Lynn's cabin. 

I get up and throw the important things in my carry on and change into some sweatpants. If I have to sit on a plane for five hours I am going to be comfortable. I grab my phone, headphones, and suitcase and walk out to the car where Mom and Alex are waiting.

"Hurry up. We have fourty minutes left."

I rolled my eyes at her and climbed in the back seat. Twenty-five minutes later we're going through security check and saying good-bye to Mom. Alex is jumping up and down, gripping onto my shoulder like we're meeting One Direction or something. (Don't hate on 1D!!)  I pat her shoulder and smile and she turns and gives me a sympathetic smile.

"I wish you would talk. I really miss hearing you talk." 

A tear slides down my cheek but I ignore it and nod my head. Honestly, it'd probably be easy to get me to talk or force a laugh out of me, but no one's tried. I decide that instead of being a sad sixteen year old this summer I am going to be fun and party and other things that I please. Maybe even smoke some weed. I turn and look at Alex who smiles brightly and laughs like she knows what I'm thinking. "Come on. Plane's boarding."