thirty-three

Ever since Camila got a good sense of real-talking from Dinah, she's been trying her best to shape up and fix all the issues she's had with herself. Aware that she finally had to face the music, Camila decided to head back home to her family in California. Dinah still avoided touching onto the whole Lauren conversation, because she knew the younger brunette would be the one opening the topic with her once she was ready.

"Are you ready to finally go back home Chanch?" Dinah asked hopefully. Normani hinted that she had something to tell the Polynesian once she got back home, but begged not to mention anything Lauren related to the brunette. The same agreement had been made with regards to Lauren. She made Dinah promise not to mention anything about Camila heading back home soon.

"I guess it's now or never." Camila sighed as she exited the hotel room with her best friend. "You'll be with me through this whole time, right?"

"If I'd leave you, I would have left a long time ago." Dinah chuckled in response to the brunette's worries.

"Here we go." The two said as they exited the hotel through the basement. The last thing they both needed at the moment was to be mobbed by fans that were all outside.

Arriving back in the LA airport was better than they expected. Given that no one really knew about the two heading back to California, their fans had no idea of their whereabouts. It was just the same old Normani waiting for them at the arrivals. No cameras, no fans, no one else but them back in the place where they started.

"DJ!" Normani squealed in excitement as she approached the two girls with their luggage.

"Manibear!" Dinah fired back excitedly. Behind the Polynesian was the distraught Camila. She feared facing the green-eyed girl the most. Coming into contact with her ex's best friend was just as frightening for her. Looking around to see if there was any sight of the green-eyed girl, the brunette was still as disappointed to not have seen her favorite pair of green eyes.

"Don't worry Mila, Lauren isn't here." Normani assured the brunette with a smile.

"Let's go, shall we?!" Dinah excitedly said. They were all heading back to Camila and Dinah's old apartment for the mean time. But the Polynesian had something else planned in mind. Whispering with Normani about her plans, the three finally walked over to Normani's van.

Driving towards the apartment, Dinah secretly asked Normani to take the brunette to memory lane. Even though Lauren's mansion was definitely not the shortest route to take, Normani chose to drive through it to gauge the younger brunette's reaction. Seeing the small frown on the brunette's face as they passed the Jauregui residence, the Polynesian knew exactly what to do.

"How's Ralph?" Dinah said out of the blue, earning a glare from Camila.

"Oh, that. Haha! Lauren's still the same. Nothing much you missed out on." Normani replied under her breath. After all this time Lauren was still the cold-hearted person she was, still as broken as the day she had left New York.

"Are we there yet?" Camila asked tensely.

"What's the hurry, smallz? Are you so excited to see your old bedroom?" Dinah asked curiously.

"Enough! I haven't been back for a year. I'm just feeling nostalgic." Camila muttered in reply.

"Okay, kids! We have arrived!" Normani said as she turned the car's engine off and alighted the car.

"Well, it's good to be back." Camila shrugged as she entered the apartment she and Dinah shared.

--

Ever since the two arrived Camila hasn't faced her family yet. She was afraid of meeting up with them, but knew that she had to do this soon. Knocking on the Cabello residence, the brunette was as scared as she could be. She didn't know if she was doing the right thing, but all she knew was that she needed her family.