Chapter 1- Secrets told

I smiled at the most beautiful woman in front of me, she held her arms out to me and I ran to her. I hugged her so tight not wanting to let her go again. I was five. It was before my mom passed away from breast cancer, at the time I was too young to realize what had happened. All I knew was that my mommy was gone and she had left me with my father who was barely ever around.

That was then, this is now.

He was always around yet never did anything.
I cleaned, I cooked, and I worked to pay his bills.
Yes, that's right he makes his seventeen year old daughter work to pay his bills.

A sharp pain across my face brought me back to reality.

I cried out in pain.

I fell to the floor cupping my face.
I screamed, "No, Stop! Please!".

He still didn't stop.

He kicked, punched and thrashed at me till he finally kicked me in the stomach and knocked the wind out of me. I couldn't breath, eventually I blacked out.

I was woken up by ice cold water being thrown over me, I sat up in surprise and winced as I did.

I cupped my stomach and looked up at him.
"Get your lazy ass up and go change. You're late for school!"

I laughed in my head, and thought I wouldn't be if it wasn't for you. I didn't say it though, because if I did, I would have gotten punished...again.

I got up and slowly walked to my room and changed into a pair of capris and a hoodie.
It was spring but it was still chilly out.

I looked in the mirror and put some makeup over my freshly bruised face.  I threw my hair in a messy bun, grabbed my phone and backpack.

I headed out the door and away from him, I would rather endore 8 hours of boring school work then deal with him.

I walked down the street passed the little old ladies house that always waved at me, She wouldn't wave if she knew what happened in that house.
She wouldn't wave if she knew it had been going on since 4 years after my mom passed away, and everyday since.

I pulled out my phone to check the time.
It was, 8:47 A.M.
Wow, I thought. I really was late.
I tried to walk faster and after about 30 long minutes, I was finally at my high school.

I didn't actually have any friends here, I used to...until I told her about my father abusing me.
She decided not to be friends with me because she thought I was doing it for attention.

I walked down the hall towards my locker.

"Grace Dixon!" I jumped and stood like a statue.

I slowly turned around to see the counselor standing by the doorway to her office. "Grace, I need to speak with you please."

I nodded, slowly walking into her office. She shut the door behind me as I sat down.

"Okay Grace...I need to talk to you about something and you need to tell the full truth, okay, sweetie?"
She watched me carefully and I nodded letting her know that I understood.

"We know you're being abused, Grace. We just don't know by who. We need you to tell us who so that we can stop this person from harming you..."

I looked down and picked at the skin around my nails. "Grace...please. We need you to coorporate."

I looked up at her, she was pleading. She actually wanted to help...
"yeah, right." I thought.
She just wanted her pay check.
"I cant..."
I got up to leave, but I changed my mind quickly and I looked back at her.
"Come to my house and you'll see." I whispered as tears falling down my cheeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoped you enjoyed!

Vote&Comment!

Love you guys!

Mychelle :)