Chapter 3- Blueberries&Shiny things

I rolled over, trying to wake up.
Right on cue, my stomach growled so loudly. I giggled to myself.

As I was walking out of my bedroom, I saw the outfit laying on my dresser that I picked out before going to bed last night.
I pulled my hair into messy ponytail and headed down the stairs.
I walked down the hall towards the kitchen to fix something to eat..I sighed lightly.

I cooked some blueberry pancakes an eggs.
I sat down and started to eat, right as I finished the last bite my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Grace?" The girl on the other end of the phone said happily.

"Yeah?" I said, sleepily.

The girl laughed, "Grace, its Christin."

I blushed, looking at my phone and saw the contact name "Christin."

"Oh, I'm still half asleep. Sorry." I said while yawning.

"I know you don't know me very well but do you want to come shopping with me?" Christin gushed excitedly.

I felt really embarrassed and I whispered, "Um..I don't have any money..."

"Grace, that's okay. Its on me." I could tell she was smiling.

I felt embarrassed, "Are you sure?"

"Yes silly!" she laughed, "Go get ready and I'll pick you up in an hour."

"Okay...see you then. Later."
I hung up the phone and sighed.

Why would she spend money on someone she didn't know?

I went upstairs & turned the water on in the shower as I started to get undressed.

The majority of my shower was spent standing under the steaming hot water thinking about how screwed up my life is, the rest was spent getting clean.

I got out of the shower & wrapped myself in a towel.
I headed to my room. I walked to my radio and turned on a CD as I got dressed.

The song ended as I finished blow drying my hair. I put on a little make up, but not too much. I put on a little mascara and eyeliner. I slipped on my converse & turned the radio off as I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

I texted Christin to tell her I was ready.
She texted me back two seconds later saying she was a couple blocks away and to wait outside.

She pulled up, smiling.
I smiled a half smile as I slid into her car.
She turned down the radio and started talking to me, "Don't feel embarrassed about me buying you stuff, Grace. I offered, you know. Plus, I was in your position once. I know how it feels, I really do." She smiled at me and I smiled back slightly, nodding then looking out the window watching the trees.

Christin turned the radio back up & listened to the music as she drove. We got to the mall twenty minutes later. Christin pulled into a parking space close to the entrance.

We walked in the entrance & Christin stopped, looking at me, "Where do you want to go to first?"

I looked down embarrassed, not wanting to admit that I'd never been in a mall before but I admitted it anyways.

I looked up blushing, and I whispered "I've never been in here before.."

"Okay, I know where we're going first. Come on."

She started to walk off. I was shocked she didn't make fun of me for not shopping in a mall or ever going into one before.
We walked a couple store down, stopping into front of a store. It was called "The buckle".

Christin grinned looking like a kid in front of a candy store. I laughed at her and she grabbed my arm and pulled me along behind her. We stopped in front of the jeans.
I looked at Christin & I whispered, "They're not going to have my size. I'm too fat."

She rolled her eyes at me & said, "If they don't, then we'll go to a store called Vanity. They'll have your size " I nodded okay and looked at the jeans and capris, finding one pair of capris in my size.

"Grace, go look at the sandals & find a cute white pair to go with those capris." I smiled & nodded.

I looked for awhile looking through rows & rows of sandals & I finally found the cutest pair to go with my jeans. They were mostly white, the top had this feathery decoration that had jewels on them.

I turned around with them in my hand & crashed into Christin, who started laughing at me.
She had found a really cute shirt in my size with a white tank top to go with it, & some bracelets in her hand.
"Go try these on with your capris, if they fit take the tags off and hand them to me. I'll pay for them so you can just wear them out and put your other clothes in the bag."

I nodded & smiled as she shooed me into the dressing room.

I slipped my shoes and my old jeans off then slid the capris on and looked into the mirror.

I was amazed at how well they fit me, even though I was a pretty chubby girl.

I smiled to myself & I took off the t-shirt I was wearing & slid the new tank top and striped shirt on.

I smiled more.

"Christin, are you still out there?" I called to her.

"Yeah, whatcha need?"

I unlocked the door & opened it, stepping out a little to show her.

She looked me up & down smiling.
"You look gorgeous, let me have the tags from those & the ones from the bracelets and sandals. I'll go pay while you put your shoes on."

As I slid them on, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror.

I actually looked kind of cute except for my hair.

Christin walked over & handed me a Buckle bag to put my old stuff in. I shoved the stuff in there as we headed to the next store.

We went to Vanity, Pacsun, American eagle, Forever 21, Victoria secret, & Ulta.

"Christin, you didn't have to buy me all of this stuff. It all was so expensive..." I whispered to her.

"I wanted to, Grace. Now shush up about it." She told me as she laughed.

"Lets get outta here before I spend more. " She said & I laughed, a genuine laugh that felt like the first time in my life since my mom died.

"Okay, come on." I said as I carried my huge load of bags out of the mall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey friends!

Hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

Vote&Comment! tell me whatcha think!

Love you guys!

-M