Part 1: Vengeance

Everyone with all their worried hearts looked at their screens to see what is going on in the outer space as Gundam Infinite Justice braved to push the unit of Captain Salazar Scythe after defeating him. Always been a soldier, he knew exactly that the captain was referring to a bomb. He don't know how big it is but guessing that it is based on the tone of confidence on the voice of the captain. "Athrun Zala, you have been giving a lot of headache since you returned to ORB three years ago. But... finally, all this will come to an end. My plan worked and this very unit will perish...your beloved ORB. HAHAHAHA!!!!"

The avenging captain who was another victim of the war and anger that the war has created. Everyone he knew was killed during the battle and he centered his frustrations to the leaders of ORB. Especially, to the princess herself who is the only left in the Attha family. He vowed that he would take revenge. He had worked long for the ORB and it had been almost a decade since the last war. He hated seeing everybody recovering. He hated that his family and his whole relatives are not around. He hated that this government did not save them. Anger is what made him continue living just to take revenge. That was his only wish. To kill the princess with his best laid plan.

Captain Scythe was aware that she is surrounded with loyal comrades, advisers and followers who would always be there to support and protect her. He thought he had calculated them well. He knows how they would think and that they would not suspect anymore after years of recovering. That there is still someone who would want to assassinate and wishes to kill the last one of the Attha family. However, he was not aware that there is someone who would be his hardest enemy. The former Zaft official, Athrun Zala. The friend of the other coordinator, Kira Yamato. Both were the heroes of the last war who battled along with the princess and Miss Lacus Clyne to the defeat of Gilbert Durandal.  He will do everything to protect ORB.

When he re-entered the Orb Union, things had been more difficult for Captain Scythe.  He did manage to be a part of the Orb forces but every time he tried to look for a way to take the representative's life, Athrun was with her.

"WHAT?!" Athrun remembered another situation like this many years ago. He is forced ways to stop the captain from losing his life at this point.

"Haha... haha... ... In a few minutes, this...unit...will explode ORB to pieces." He looked at the timer and awaits victory. "Why are you protecting her? your .. PRECIOUS PRINCESS!!! The last of her kind! Her father's ideals that had been a failure.  The representative who could not protect family.... At last, I will have my vengeance.... See you in hell!" He coughed a lot of blood and Athrun was furious at the thought of her dying.

"I would NEVER let you harm her!!" His promise to protect the Orb Union is genuine. It is his sworn duty. But protecting Cagalli is more than just a sworn duty. She is the reason he is trying his best to be better. So he could reach out to her level. So that she would not have any more reasons to choose between him and the nation. So that they could protect the nation together. So that they could finally be together.