Part 2: Last Shot To Destiny

"Ugh..." Athrun has been trying to ebb the pain on his back and his body is very weak. Infinite Justice is still in once piece and he was very thankful that it is even if the explosion reached them. His burn is stinging his back and a part of the Infinite Justice has been torn somewhere on their way to this empty planet. Thanking God that the unit can still give him enough oxygen to at least breathe. But eight hours already have passed. Even though, Infinite Justice is already almost dead, he tried to turn on the small screen to see what is going on in ORB. It cannot be used to reach to anybody but it can show him the news.

"Maybe everybody thinks I'm dead. Kira...  Kira would look for me." That he is sure of. Cagalli no matter how much he loves her and how much he wanted to speed up reaching to her level, she seem to be more and more used to being the mother of ORB and it's getting harder and harder for him to be with her. "She must be thinking about me somehow.... Or maybe she also thinks I'm dead."

                Athrun was hungry, thirsty, his back is burning, his body is aching

Athrun was hungry, thirsty, his back is burning, his body is aching...he was anxious and losing his hope. What if Kira reaches to him late? He never imagined that he would die after the war, not in the battlefield but in the hands of some person who was taking vengeance. Not that he regrets saving Earth and end the war. Not that he regrets protecting Cagalli. He just felt very lonely at this point in time. Even Infinite Justice is unresponsive anymore. He was so alone. "Maybe it's time to let her go...? Maybe this is the answer to my waiting. To give up on her. I'm dying here anyway...."

"ZZzt.. WE WILL WAIT!!!----- zzzzrrrtppttt! Thank y---bzzrrt...." He can't quite hear what she was saying. The signal was very bad. Cagalli is probably making a speech to commemorate his death. He thought that until "ATHRUN!!!" he heard the speaker. His eyes fluttered open and spikes of little electricity rushed through his veins. God must be very kind to give him this much luck of hearing the two seconds of his name. It was her voice. That wasn't a sound of a memorial. It was a call. She called his name and determined. "bbzzzzzrrrrttt..."

"What the---?! Come on...." He was frustrated at the signal.

"bbbbrrrzzztttt..... I zzrrtt rescue you! Bzzzrrrttttttzzzttt..... always loved you.... Bzzzrttt...never change.... Zzzrtrrrtttzzzzzttt... wait frzzzttt me! bzzzrttt STAY ALIVE!!!" he heard the crowd cheering in between the buzzing of the signal. With tears in his eyes he never felt this happy in his life. She still loves him. He will try his best to survive.

"I hope you hurry, my princess... because I'm quite beaten up." He was overwhelmed. As if his own batteries were recharged. An adrenaline rush with all the rest of strength his body has left. She is never the person to show her affection in public. She is always the private one but she declared her love for him on an intergalactic television. He has no idea if that was only a replay or live but hearing her voice, seeing her even in that small screen gave him hope. She loves him after all. She still loves him. Even if he dies here and now, he is happy and satisfied. "I can't die yet... she will be angry at me." gave himself a small chuckle even if it hurt his aching body.