Chapter Eight

Darren

Imogen

Mia

Joey 

December 15th 2011

Thursday, 11:20 pm

Don’t ask questions, just do me this favour, and go to the Bar tomorrow at 3

(11:23)

You’re lucky, my last class finishes at 2

(11:25)

I’m amazingly intuitive like that, so will you go?

(11:30)

I guess, nothing else to do after classes anyway.

(11:33)

Thanks Grumpy :)

(11:35)

You’re welcome chirpy!

(11:37)

I’ll let you sleep now, good night Imogen.

(11:40)

good night Dar.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

(11:55)

Incoming call

“Hello?”

“Darren, sorry, it’s Mia.”

“Oh hey Mia, what’s up?”

“Did you speak to Imogen? Is she okay?”

“I suppose so; I’ve got my friend Joey meeting her tomorrow to cheer her up with coffee and a present I got her from LA. Although I would like to know what’s wrong with her?”

“I can’t tell you, it’s up to her if she wants you to know, why aren’t you meeting her to give her your present?”

“Oh, it’s just she’s met Joey before, they get along well, and…”

“Stop bullshitting, why won’t you actually meet her?”

“Language… I guess it’s because we have a weird friendship, the fact we don’t know what each other looks like is a good thing, really, and it is.”

“That sounds like it has a double meaning, Mr Criss.”

“I guess you could say… wait what?! You know?”

“Of course I know, fortunately, unlike Imogen, I’m a starkid fan, and when she showed me the texts from when you first started talking and saw the red vines thing, and you know someone called Joey, not to mention I know your voice.”

“Wow, that’s a little scary… Don’t tell her!”

“I won’t, I won’t, chill!”

“Thank you.”

“Just make sure she’s happy again, she always puts on a brave face and refuses to tell me when she’s sad.”

“I’ll try my best; just don’t tell her who I am, okay?”

“Okay, deal, bye.