19~~ Together

A/N: bad editing. Because this is only the ROUGH DRAFT. I knew I wasn't going to publish it so I left it unedited. However, if you're interested in a happy ending, I hope you enjoy it.

~|~|~|~

Recap:

"Then I will fight next to him," Armand insisted, placing his hand above her shoulder, "I taught him and am much stronger than him. You can rely on me. Go back to the kingdom. You are in no state to fight."

"You do not understand," she retaliated, stepping back from his touch, "I have to be here. Adrien will get weaker and without me... You just wouldn't understand."

* * *

"You are right," DarkBlade agreed, "I would not understand. What I do understand is that, if you die on the battlefield, Adrien will never live as the same person he is today."

The princess looked to the ground and admitted, "If I leave, he might not live at all."

"Oh, but he will," DarkBlade gestured to her stomach, "through you. Take care of the baby with your life and I will take care of your husband with mine. Go home, Your Majesty. Go home."

* * *

The next morning, just as the sun was rising, Marinette was packing all her belongings in the carriage that had just arrived to pick her up. She hugged her cousin before she could get into her ride, but her confused husband managed to wake up just in time to see her off- it was as if he could sense that she was leaving him.

My love?" Adrien asked confusedly, "Where are you going? Where is your armour? What is happening?"

"I am sick, Adrien," Marinette replied, wiping her eyes, "I cannot fight."

A crowd of worried soldiers gathered outside their tents, wondering why their best female soldier needed to go back to the palace when they needed her most.

"DarkBlade insisted that I go home," Marinette continued, choosing her words carefully, "because I am in no state to go onto the battlefield."

"But, I still do not understand..."

Adrien could tell that she was hiding something from him. Marinette would never leave her people in battle, no matter how sick she was. It had to be one really horrible sickness for her to be turning away from a fight for her kingdom.

"I haven't been entirely honest with you," Marinette admitted guiltily.

Oh, not again, Adrien thought, rolling his eyes. He could not afford to be worried about secrets the day before battle. In fact, Adrien believed that Marinette was being a bit selfish now, leaving her soldiers to defend her kingdom without her. It seemed like a cruel thing to believe, but Adrien knew Marinette and this was not something she would do without a proper explanation.

"What is it this time?" he sighed, folding his arms.

Before she could explain, another carriage entered the scene. Adrien was now more puzzled than ever. Louis was about to call some of the guards to inspect it, but Marinette told him not to. A soldier appeared from the carriage, wearing full armour similar to Marinette's. The soldier had a slender figure and average height with pale skin, freckles, light brown eyes, and short black hair with blue reflections. The soldier was also a girl.

"Your Majesty," she greeted, bowing down to Marinette, "It is such an honour to be serving you."

"Thank you so much for accepting my request at such short notice, Kagami," Marinette thanked, taking her hand, "We really needed a strong fighter like you on our side."