Generations

A/N: thank you for staying.

~|~|~|~

Hi," he greeted awkwardly, lifting his hand up as if a wave could help get her attention.

She turned her head away, ignoring his attempt at conversation. After what happened in class, she didn't even want to give him the slightest glance. Until he started to open his umbrella and explain exactly what happened that caused her such sorrow.

"I just wanted you to know that I was only trying to take the chewing gum off your seat," he said, "I swear. I've never been to school before. I've never had friends. It's all sort of... new to me."

He turned around to face her and handed the umbrella to her, the hilt facing upwards. Adrien took that moment to look deep into the shocked, blue eyes of the girl. She did not expect him to be such a gentleman. She looked beyond the handle into his enticing green irises, wondering if they had met before.

Suddenly, a thunderclap sounded in the distance and Marinette widened her eyes at his gentle smile. She reached out to him as butterflies bombarded her stomach and a weight of doubt was lifted from her body. What was this sensation she was feeling? How was she unable to make it stop?

Marinette took the hilt of the umbrella hesitantly, brushing her fingers with his own. The thrilling sensation passed along each of their bodies in that moment, bringing an unknown spark to life. Their fingers touched again and she gratefully accepted the umbrella hilt from his grasp.

A second later, the material of the umbrella caved in on her, trapping her inside. Marinette gasped in embarrassment before Adrien burst out in laughter at her clumsiness. The girl blushed before giggling along with him, his laugh giving her joy.

"See you tomorrow, then," Adrien greeted, making his way down to his limo.

"Y-yes," Marinette stammered with a slight laugh, "S-see you to-tomorrow..."

Marinette bit her tongue in confusion, heartbeat rising. What had gotten into her? Adrien did not seem to notice the mistake, but someone else surely did. As the limo drove off and Princess— sorry, the bakers' daughter— Marinette made her way back to her lovely home, a wise old man had been watching from a distance.

"Excellent choice, Master," Wayzz complimented.

With a satisfied smile, Master Fu replied, "Those two are made for each other."

Yes, he knew that the two Miraculous were meant to be just like Adrien knew that his terrible father would probably not want to speak to him the moment he got home. Marinette knew that she had many designs to get back to— not to mention all the posters she had decided to print of the handsome Adrien Agreste (who she saw as somewhat of a prince now).

They all knew a lot of things about each other, that is true, but none of them will ever know that they had found something worth fighting for.

~|~|~|~

The End.