page 2

Irene's POV

 I got to the entrance of the park. I read the text again:

'Come to Central Park. Meet me at the rockwall . If you do not come, I will get Hara expelled by spreading rumors.'

"Hello?" I asked. No reply.

I walked to the rockwall. I looked down at my phone 10:21 pm. Suddenly I heard: "Has anyone ever warned you about what would happen if you messed with Ami?"

Four girls walked up to me. All looked extremely intimidating. 

"You think you can come in and steal Hara from Ami?"

"You aint shit compared to her," one said as she pushed me.

"I think we have to teach you," the other said as she poured water on my head. 

"You probably aren't even dating him attention seeker." another said as she pushed me into the rock wall.

"That's- That's not true! I am." I covered my eyes and prepared for the first. The first time I would ever get jumped. The first time I was ever threatened. Until I heard a familiar voice.

"Stop!"

"Hara!" the girls said in unison.

"What the hell?" Hara yelled.

"Hara... Hara tell me it's not true! You're not dating this bitch! You're supposed to be with-"

"I am. Irene is my girlfriend. So don't you ever lay a finger on her, or do anything that would hurt her."

"Hara. We were only protecting Ami from-" one girl said.

"APOLOGIZE! Right now!!!" Hara yelled.

Even though this was all an act, I felt... different. No guy has ever said those words about me and I never believed any would. I looked at him, he had his eyebrows furrowed and his fists clenched.

"Im sorry!" the girls said and ran away.

It was 50 degrees and I was only wearing a thin sweater because I was in a rush to leave my house. I looked at him and felt his eyes staring into me as he ran his fingers through his hair. I heard him walking towards me and  I put my head down. Suddenly, I felt something on my back... his jacket. I looked up, and he was giving me a look of sympathy. 

"Irene, I'm-" 

"It's okay." I interrupted.

"Why would you even do something like that for someone you barely know. You can't even say that without mumbling. You speak so quietly all the the time, loser."

"You're the loser!!! Youre running away from your problems instead of facing them. You're old enough to be able to handle situations like this!" I stoped walking. I said too much... Where did that come from. I covered my mouth in embarrassment. I assumed he was mad and was about to apologize until he laughed.

"Hahaha thats better," he laughed. "You should express your feelings more. It's healthier for you. I'll walk you home since I got you in this mess."

I slowly nodded. As i was about to continue walking, my stomach growled. I looked up. Hara looked at me, then looked to the left. I didn't understand what he was looking at until he pointed to a ramen restaurant. 

He turned back around facing me. "I owe you right?"