Part 1

'Bhaiya....' Nikki yelled as she entered devs room. It was Sunday noon and Dev was still fast asleep. 'Bhaiya utho....Jatin bhaiya kab se aap ko call kar rahe hai. Utho...' saying that Nikki left the room. Dev woke up with a terrible headache. Last nights alcohol was the reason behind the headache. Ever since his break up and death of his mother, Ishwari, Dev's life revolved around two things, work and alcohol.
He grabbed his phone to check all the notifications. Jatin had called him eight times. Nisha had called him twice and he had more than twenty five office related mails. He called Jatin.
'Haa Jatin, call kia tha? Asked Dev.
Jatin said in an annoyed tone 'abey saale, subha se kitne baar call kia, ek baar toh answer kar leta'. 'Sorry yaar,soe raha tha. Thuje kuch kaam tha?' Asked Dev. 'Soe raha tha? Abhi tak?' Jatin Asked in a shocked tone and then continued 'Dev, tu ne phir se daru pi na? Kitni pi?'
Dev didn't wish to talk about it 'chod na yaar....tu bata, call kyu kia, subha se Nisha bhi call kar rehi hai....' 'tu calls receive karega toh pata chalega ki maine call kyu kia, Accha woh sab chod, adhe ghante mein club mein mil. Tu main aur Nisha lunch ke lea mil rahe hai' Said Jatin. Dev shut his eyes irritatedly and said 'Nahi yaar....aaj Sunday hai...main Nahi aa raha'. Jatin interrupted saying 'hello, Mr. Dev Dixit, main thuje pooch Nahi raha hu. Bata raha hu. You don't have a choice jaldi se ready ho ja'
Dev hung up and walked towards the bathroom to get ready.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sonakshi woke up an hour before her husband kushal. Waking up early wasn't Sonakshi's choice. It was her duty. That is what her marriage was, a duty. She tied her hair in a bun and walked towards the kitchen. She kept the tea on the stove to let it boil while she grabbed the broom to begin cleaning. Kushal had clearly instructed her to not keep any domestic help. Her back hurt as she bent down to clean under the couch. Last nights beating had made the pain worse.
•••••••FLASHBACK•••••••
'Auntyji....yeh aap kya kar rehi hai....? Do main yeh kaam karti hu...aap ja kar mamiji ko dekho, kab se aap ko bula rehi hai...' Sonakshi said in an authoritative tone. Although she was just a doctor to Ishwari, Sonakshi helped everyone in the Dixit house like she was a part of their family, well she partially was a part of that family, after all, Dev was her boyfriend.
Sonakshi stood on the stool to reach the top of the wardrobe to remove the suitcase. She struggled to reach the top. Dev was entering his room but before he could enter, he saw Sonakshi struggling with something.
He entered Ishwari's room and said 'Sonakshi...tum yeh kya kar rehi ho? He asked. Sonakshi was too busy removing the suitcase and without making an eye contact with him she said 'woh Dev...main...main auntyji.....I mean Maa ki madat kar rehi thi. Maa ko yeh suitcase chaheye thi to mein help kar rehi thi.
'Sonakshi....utro....abhi utro....' he pulled her down and cupped her cheeks 'miss bose, yeh kaam tumhara Nahi hai....yeh kaam karne ke lea aur bhi log hai. Forget that, I know ki pichle do dino se tumhare pare mein bhaut dard hai. Tum abhi tak recover bhi nahi hui ho...' Sonakshi looked at him and said 'arey Dev, it's okay I am fine now, aur waise bhi, main yeh kaam karke aadat daal rehi hu, after all, humari shaddi ke baad toh mujhe kaam karne honge na?' Dev held her by her waist and said 'Nahi miss bose, humari shaddi ke baad tumhe bas araam karna hai, aur kaam humare naukar kar lenge. Tum koi bhi ghar ka kaam Nahi karogi. Ab chalo, main Bhola bhaiya se keh kar yeh suitcase utar deta hu...' he held her hand and dragged her out of the room.
•••••••END OF FLASHBACK•••••••
Deep within, she missed him, terribly. The only thing she had of him were the memories that no one could snatch away from her, not even her cruel husband Kushal.
Kushal woke up and walked towards the dining table. 'Sonakshi....chai' he yelled. Sonakshi walked with a tray and served him tea. He took the first sip and said angrily 'aise banate hai chai? Shakar kam hai iss mein. Kushal's anger was enough to scare any one. 'Mai...main phir se bana deti hu...'Sonakshi said it timidly as she came forward to lift the cup'. 'Koi jarurat Nahi hai. Ek chai banane Nahi aati thume...sub subha mood kharab Kar dia. Ek kaam karo, mujhe mera towel de do'. He banged the table and walked away. Sonakshi picked up the tray and walked towards the kitchen 'yeh kaise ho sakta hai? Maine to chai serve karne se phele taste ki thi, sugar toh theek thi'. She said to her self. Not thinking too much about it, She kept the tray away and went to give Kushal his towel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Finally....Dev ko apne best friends ke lea time toh mila'. Nisha taunted as Dev pulled his chair to sit for lunch. Jatin and Nisha has been waiting for him since nearly half an hour. They ordered lunch and as the waiter left their table, Jatin cleared his throat and said 'guys, I have an announcement to make....Payal and I are getting married very soon and...' before he could complete, Nisha jumped out of her chair and interrupted 'what? Really....? Kab?' Nisha was interrupted by Dev 'Accha hai, ab hume pareshan karna band kar dega' Dev Said it sarcastically because he was really pissed off at Jatin, after all, Jatin had ruined devs Sunday by making the lunch plan.
Jati calmed down Nisha and said 'sab bata tu, we are getting married two months later. But that's not the reason why I call you guys for lunch. The reason ki, meri shaddi se phele I want go on a Road trip with my best friend. I want to go on a trip with you guys and Sonakshi'. As soon as he said 'Sonakshi', devs eyes widened. 'Dev, aise kya dekh raha hai? Woh bhi meri best friend hai....I want to take her for the trip along with us'. Dev smiled at Jatin and said 'woh Nahi aayegi Jatin, I know her. Ek toh uska husband allow Nahi karega aur secondly, agar main aata hu, toh toh woh definitely Nahi aayegai'. Jatin patted devs back and said 'dev, woh meri best friend hai. Woh mana Nahi karegi. Main us se baat karunga. I just want to know one thing, are you fine if she comes with us?' Dev smiled to himself and said 'of course, as long as she is fine with coming with us, I don't mind. After all, she is still yours and Nisha's best friend'. 'Okay then,main aaj uss se baat karta hu'. The waiter arrived with their food and the three got busy eating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sonakshi served Kushal lunch. 'Yeh kya hai? Phir se dal chawal? Iss ghar mein aur kuch banta hai ki Nahi? Khana bana na bhi nahi aata thume' he yelled. Sonakshi stood there numb as his harsh words hit her.
•••••••FLASHBACK•••••••
Dev entered home after a long day at work 'Maa...' Sonakshi walked out of the kitchen saying 'Dev....aaj maa, mamiji, mamaji, nikki, riya, neha, sab satsang ke lea gae hai aur Bhola bhaiya bhi ghar chale gaye hai...toh maine aap ke lea dinner banaya hai...aap jaldi se haat Dhokar aa jao'. Dev walked up to her and said 'are you serious? Tum ne khana banaya? I am excited'. He sat at the table as Sonakshi served him. Dev took the first morsel and his facial expressions changed 'Sonakshi....yeh dal thodi jal gai hai...' Sonakshi took a bite from his plate 'oh shit...I am so sorry Dev...aap please iss mat khao, mai aap ke lea kuch aur lati hu....' she picked up his plate but then he stopped her 'Sonakshi, it's okay...I like it...tum ne itne pyaar se banaya hai, I will eat it'
•••••••END OF FLASHBACK•••••••