Part 9

Dev read the mail twice, just to be sure of what he read we true. At this point, he was confused, panicked and lost. He unlocked his phone to call her but as he was about to press the call, he released that it was midnight, not the right time to call her, Kushal would be around and if he would come to know, Sonakshi would have faced the consequences. He took a deep breath to calm himself down and made a mental note to call her first thing in the morning.
Since early morning, Dev was busy with back to back meetings, he got so caught up with work that he couldn't even call Sonakshi. His phone was ringing but it went unnoticed as it was on silent.
2 missed calls from Sonakshi
5 missed calls from Jatin.
He got done with a meeting, he checked is phone, seeing Sona's missed call, he suddenly remembered to call her. Just as he was about to, jatins message popped up.
Hi, did you speak with Sonakshi? We have been trying to call you since long but can't get through. Anyway, call me as soon as possible. It's very urgent.
Seeing this message, Dev called Jatin before Sonakshi.
Dev:hello Jatin, Kya hua? What's so urgent?
Jatin:tune Sonakshi se baat ki?
Dev: ummm Nahi. I was just about to call her. But then I saw your message. What was so urgent?
Jatin took a deep breath before speaking.
Jatin: maine subah usse baat ki, toh ussne bataya ki she is shifting to Dubai. Kushal ka transfer ho raha hai. She was trying to call you to tell you the but...
To say that Dev was shocking would be an understatement. Is mobile phone has almost slipped off his hands.
Dev: what? Is this some kind of a joke?
Jatin: I wish, she was telling me ki she is resigning from being your nutritionist because she is closing her bank account here in India and usse pata nahi ki when she will open a new one in Dubai.
Dev shut is eyed and massaged his forehead trying to process all this information.
Dev: jatin. Meet me at the airport in an hour. We are going to Delhi but the earliest flight.
Jatin:sorry? We? Hum dono?
Dev:Haa. I will see you at the airport. And one more thing. Your neighbor, Aditya is a lawyer, right? Usse bhi le aa. I am booking the tickets.
Jatin:but Dev....
Dev: I will see you both at the airport.
It was impossible for Jatin to stop Dev and he knew that so he didn't even try.
Jatin some how convinced Aditya to come along. He explained the entire situation to him and upon knowing the situation, Aditya immediately agreed to help them.

The 3 of them sat at the coffee shop at the airport waiting for the boarding to start.
Dev felt restless, he couldn't wait to see Sonakshi. So many questions were unanswered. He stirred his coffee and Aditya and Jatin discussed the next best thing to do. It was not like Dev unheard them or was not interested, his mind just thought of ways he could protect her.
Jatin: dev....
Dev looked at him and Jatin continued
Jatin: Dev, please be calm when we get there, okay? Aisa kuch bhi mat karna that could back fire. Just hold your shit together.
Aditya: yes guys, agar hum ne kuch be Kia, Kushal can use that against us in the court so please, be very careful.
Dev nodded as he was still engrossed in stirring his coffee he knew he couldn't do that anything that could get Sonakshi in trouble or loose her again.
The sun had set. Sonakshi just got done with preparing dinner, just when she was about to go sit on the couch her door bell rang.
As she opened the door, the sight that was in front of her formed a lump in her throat. The 3 guys stood in front of her and 2 of them were eagerly waiting for her to welcome them in.
It's not like she didn't want to invite them in, it was just that it was soon time for Kushal to get back home from work. She was so engrossed in her thoughts contemplating what to do, that she didn't even realise that the guys as already made their way into the house.
Dev patted on her back to to grab her attention, she brushed it off her thought and turned around.
Sonakshi: what the heck are you guys going here?!
She was so furious at them.
Jatin: we just wanted to meet you,so here we are! Oh by the way,
Aditya meet Sonakshi, Sonakshi meet Aditya. My childhood friend and neighbor.
They gave a formal smile to each other and Sonakshi turned towards Dev to question him but just as she was about to....
Dev: Sonakshi yaar, where are your manners? Hum tumhare ghar mein pehli baar aaye hai, welcome us in, make us comfortable. He said sarcastically, just to save himself from Sonakshi interrogation.
She invited them inside unwillingly and got them some water.
Her eyes were glued to the clock, all she could pray for was for Kushal to get back home late.
Before Dev could finish is glass of water Sonakshi said
Sonakshi: jatin, dev, I know you guys are not here just to meet me. There is more to it. What is it. Why are you guys here suddenly?