Chapter 1

Jonghyun looks at the paper pinned at a huge board in front of him

Jonghyun looks at the paper pinned at a huge board in front of him. There are so many papers on it, but he chooses to focus only on one, the one which announces the change on the night shift for part-timer in campus library. Bitter smile is shown on his face because his name is on it.

It doesn't matter if it is at night, but at the end of the hour. Jonghyun sighs. The ups are sometime, or often, don't think about the condition of the part-timers. They milk their energies as they like.

Some of his part-timer colleagues are complaining at him, no, the truth is they are complaining at each other. Part-timers are in no place to complain to the ups. Part-timer's job is to complete the works of the ups. Well, despite those complain, the most important thing is the salary. Such a capitalist mind, but he can do nothing. He needs the money for his living. He can't always leech to his parent as he is getting bigger and university cost really high, especially here in Seoul.

Someone pats his shoulder. It's Aron, one of his colleagues and his senior by two years. They study at the same faculty, but have different major. His is Broadcasting, while Aron takes Journalism. Now he is in his last year and he has to finish his study soon. Last year means no classes, so Aron chooses to work here, in library, to fill up his free time and at the same time doing his job as student.

"What is it?" Aron asks with his hand still on Jonghyun shoulder.

"Look." Jonghyun answers briefly, still looking at the paper in front of him.

Aron starts to laugh which makes Jonghyun starts to question him. Nothing is funny with this schedule though. "Jonghyun, yours." He starts to laugh again, pointing at Jonghyun's name on the paper.

"Ah, hyung..." Jonghyun starts to feel annoyed by Aron's laugh. "How about a switch?"

"Thanks, but no."

"Hyung..."

"No," Aron shakes his head. He still stands strong at what he said earlier, not wavering even a bit by Jonghyun's puppy eyes. "I've been on that time once and I don't want to work at that time again."

"Hyung, I have night classes." Jonghyun says with stuttering voice as he holds Aron hand.

"You are lying." Aron snaps.

"No!"

"Just bear with it. The shift starts next week though. You can prepare your courage." Aron pats Jonghyun's shoulder and smiles to give him more courage.

Jonghyun shrugs in disbelieve, wanting to accept his fate, but cannot. He just sees Aron waving his hand as he leaves. He can't force his responsibility to others. He knows it very well. So if Aron doesn't want to switch, he can do nothing, but to do his responsibility. It is the way he takes, so he should do it with no regret.