Chapter 4: The Start of Something New

WHAM! I feel my body getting pushed against the side of the bus. I try to scream but a cold hand is over my lips muffling my screams.

***

My eyes start to adjust to the darkness, the first thing I see are the black eyes. Jonah.

"Shut up Renee, I promise I won't hurt you, pretty girl, you just need to relax," he says running his other hand over my cheek. I whimper tears start to fall from my face.

Jonah moves his hand from my mouth. Before I could scream he pressed his lips against mine. I bite his lip, hard and elbow his nose.

"Shit!" Blood starts to pour down his face into his hands. I try to run but grabs me covering my mouth again. Fresh tears start to spill, he uses his other hand and start to move it over my shirt. Then I hear a belt unbuckle. I struggle trying to do escape or scream for help but he is too strong, he starts to lift my tank top.

Oh my god I'm going to be raped. I think and close my eyes, crying.

Then footsteps come and the weight is taken off my body. I look up crying and see Shawn punch Jonah, he punches back. The two battle it out until Shawn has Jonah on his knees, his face beat up even more.

"Touch her again and I will beat the shit out of you," Shawn says. Jonah gets up and throws a sloppy punch, Shawn dodges it easily and punches him again. He falls again but this time he doesn't get up.

Shawn rushes over to me, "Are you okay?"

"Yea I think so just startled."

He walks me to his bus, bus 1. He turns on the light, damn a major upgrade from bus 3. Charlie is snoring on the couch, headphones on and a mini keyboard in hand. Shawn grabs my hand and quietly walks to a bedroom, yes a bedroom. He shuts the door and turns on the light. His face is slightly bruised, a few cuts and a busted lip. He has a bathroom similar to ours, just a sink and toilet, no shower. Apparently we stay at hotels along the way instead of being cooped up in the buses.

I grab the hand towel and run it under cold water. Shawn is sitting on the bed starting at his knuckles, wincing in pain every once in a while.

"Here let me help." I say bringing over the rag. I start to dab his knuckles.

"Ow! damn that hurts like hell," He says flinching after touching a new cut.

I look up at him his chocolate brown eyes meet my hazel ones."Thanks for saving me."

"He had it coming I can't believe him. Don't worry I'll make sure you will NEVER see him again," Shawn says.

I finishing cleaning him up and he still looks hot as hell. I walk back to the sink and clean the rag, the clear water now tinted a pink from Shawn's blood.

"Well I guess I should head back to my bus before Andrew-" I start walking back into the room. I see a shirtless Shawn,"oh my God!" I cover my eyes and turn back around.

I hear Shawn laugh,"I'm wearing a shirt now, your fine."

"I am so sorry! I should get back before Andrew gets upset." I say walking towards the door

"No. Please don't go Renee I enjoy your company plus I wouldn't sleep knowing Jonah might be there. Stay here it's safer," Shawn replies.

I smile and nod my head.

"Here you can change into this," he hands me a black long sleeve and some sweatpants. "I promise I won't be shirtless when you come out."

I smirk and close the restroom door I strip off my white tank top which was covered in blood spots, and my jean shorts. I throw on the clothes making them super huge on me, regardless they were comfortable. I run my fingers through my hair and wash my face.

Man Shawn's abs are better in person. I think. Stop it he isn't any boy to crush on he is a freaking celebrity.

"Okay don't laugh at me these clothes are huge on me."
I walk out and I see him trying to hold back a laugh. I give him an eyeroll and he bursts out laughing. "Stop!" I say trying to be serious but end up laughing.

"Whatever you say shortie," he says laughing then turns off the light.

Even though I am 5'4 I still I playfully slap his shoulder, "I am not short!"

He simply laughs and pats the bed a spot next to him. I lay down about a foot away from Shawn.

"What's the matter you seem...tense," he asks.

"Sorry today was a crazy day it's not everyday I get accepted to be a backup singer for my favorite artist then sleep in his tour bus."

"Well if it makes you feel better I'm just a normal person like you."

"Yeah a normal person I love."

"Oh so you love me?" He raises an eyebrow smirking. Our faces moving closer together like a magnet.

"You know what I mean," I reply. I've dreamed of finally meeting my idol. The same guy I listened to everyday would sweep me off my feet, I would love to wake up to his face every morning. But then again they were only dreams, fantasies of my wild imagination. My heart told me to kiss him, I know deep down I love Shawn, I grew up watching him on Vine, then Magcon, and now he makes music. Just like a robber he stole my heart along with many other girls. My head told me no. This isn't a fairytale you don't end up with the guy and live happily ever after. Pull away you don't want this. He is a celebrity he deserves someone better.

That's the thing I don't know what is stronger my head or my heart.

We both laid there staring at each other faces close together. I pulled away turning to my side clutching the blankets closer to my body shivering from the cold, "goodnight Shawn." Once again the logical part of my body took over.

"Well could I ask you one thing?" Shawn said, the sheets moving, I could feel his body heat as he got closer to me.

"Whats up?" I turn over once again and my nose bumps his chest. "Oh I'm sor-" before I could continue he wraps his arms around me, holding me. I am stunned but eventually relax as his heat seeps into my body.

"I was going to ask if I could hug you but this is much better."

I just giggle look up at him in the dimly lit room. I nuzzle into his chest,"I like this better too...Goodnight."

"Goodnight Renee."

I try to stay awake enjoy this moment, but my eyelids become heavy as I drift into a peaceful sleep.