Too Late to Back Down Now

Chloe's POV: 

"Wakey wakey Chloe!" my best friend Maya yelled through my ear. I groaned loudly and shifted my body away from hers. I hear her chuckle at my actions when I feel all her weight fall on me. She may be an aspiring supermodel/fashion designer, but man she's heavy! 

"WAKE UP CHLOE," she screamed. 

"Okay! okay! gosh calm yo tits, what's your problem?" I snapped at her. I slowly watched her tiny smile turn into one that should belong only to the cheshire cat. I know that look and that look always means something she will try to force me to do.

"I am already saying no to whatever you have planned." I said to her with a scowl etched on my face. 

"Oh come on! I didn't even say what I wanted to say. You just jump to conclusions and assume the worst in me. I am hurt Loe, truly." My best friend said mockingly while holding her hand to her heart. I looked at my best friend of 10 years with my hands on my hips. For someone who I have known since sixth grade, she really never understands that I know her like the back of my palm. I give her a once over when I see that, once again, she has dyed her hair another crazy color. It used to be neon pink that matched her light complexion, but since she got a tan this summer she decided for a calming baby blue. Her hair flows down to her shoulders and shines in the light of my chandelier. 

"You can stop checking me out now Loe and take a shower, you stink like green eggs and ham." Did I mention she has this weird love for Dr. Suess? No? Now you know. She rarely mentions it, but deep down she is crazy for the ryhming genius. She loves anything Dr. Suess. 

I obliged to Maya's orders and went to take a shower. I washed away all the grime and nastiness on my body and wrapped myself in a fluffy white towel with my name on it. I walked out and checked the time to see that I have my last class before spring break starts in half an hour. I quickly change into a pair of leggings and a cute oversized sweater and ankle boots and head to the kitchen only to find Maya stuffing her face with chocolate. 

"Aren't you supposed to keep your physique in check? I don't think you can do that with chocolate being stuffed down your throat." I said with amusement clear in my voice. She slowly looks up at me and her cheeks are so puffed up from the chocolate in her mouth that she looks like a chipmunk. She swallows the lump and grins widely. She doesn't answer me but heads out to my car. I grab a granola bar and head out as well. I walk up to my pride and joy. My yellow convertible Mini Cooper. I saved up three years worth of allowance to get this baby and I don't let anyone drive it but me. I get in and drive off to college with Maya in the passenger seat jamming to Kings of Leon. 

Yup, college life with my best friend is going good.